AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sign in to post?

Why are you all of a sudden asking me to sign-in to post a comment when I'm already signed in AOL? I've figured a work-around, but why are you doing this in the first place? A form of censorship? (I've already written to Verizon Media about this.)

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Un-factual and Un-Varified Reporting

Quit all the bias propaganda and false news. seriously considering dropping my account. this expert and that before you confirm anything. That is bias and propaganda not factual reporting.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of all the **** you have on the news page and put real news out there!! The stuff you have is repeated time and time again an with

Your welome info is ****!!! I look at all the suggestions and you do nothing to fix it!! And we are paying for this garbage!1 terrible

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Trump hatred

Why do you hate Trump so much, ******!!!

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My inbox is getting more and more COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS. I pay for AOL service, I do NOT PAY TO HAVE TO DELETE unwanted email.

My idea is for you to NOT keep sending me emails that are ADVERTISEMENTS. i'M SICK TO DEATH of money-grubbing huge multinational corporations trying so desperately to get MORE AND MORE AND MORE MONEY from me, and other people with limited incomes. It's disgusting and you people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. But of course you are not, because MONEY is all that will ever capture your attention.

13th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AOL SUCKS

STOP ALL THE ANTITRUMP 'NEWS" I'M GETTING SICK OF AOL!!!!JUST CALL YOURSELF LEFTIST COMMENTATORS!!

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. news delete

Give me the option to delete your news feed, I don't need to be told how to think.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. What's wrong with welcome page?

I log in and get this ****!!!

Aceshigh71...
    Mail
    Downloads Downloads
    Smartphone apps, free mobile apps, latest news on mobile applications and smartphones AOL App
    A listing of all AOL sites, from A to Z Discover AOL
    MyBenefits MyBenefits
    ID Theft Protection ID Theft Protection
    Travel Tips Travel Tips
    Play hundreds of free online games Games
    Favorites Favorites
    Mapquest Maps
    Tech Help Tech Help
    PC Checkup PC Checkup
    Live Help Live Help
    Refresh
    51° Vicksburg City or Zip
    Change weather location
    City or Zip
    Mail
    Aceshigh717
    News
    U.S. News
    World News
    Politics
    Sports
    Science & Tech
    Entertainment
    Celebrity
    Movies …

51st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AOL Leftist Propaganda.

Your NEWS is clearly not news but endless Disgusting Left Wing propaganda. total GARBAGE. Why the biased ? We don't need idiots at AOL telling us what to believe.

38th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. news stories

get rid of the NEXT in your stories it is so annoying put it all out there on one or two pages

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. politics

Half the people in the country are Republicans and half are Democrats. Older people tend to be more conservative and vote Republican. People who still use AOL versus gmail tend to be considered to be old and archaic. If so, that most likely means that a majority of people on AOL are Republicans who lean right, and support Donald Trump. Those people, unlike if you use gmail, actually pay AOL to post news articles that are 100% anti-Trump. I, for one, have never seen a positive article about Trump or his wife on AOL.

So, AOL is disrespecting a majority…

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why do I have to go through 10-15 pages of advertisements to read one story.

Why don't you let people read a story on one page. I'm tired of having to click through multiple pages of advertisement to read one story. It's not necessary. Many times I give up and try to find the story on Google where I can just read the story. Also every time I switch pages and go to click the Next Page button the page shifts so you wind up clicking on an advertisement and then I have to delete the page I didn't want to see in the first place.

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I click on a story and it comes up next page, next page, next page, next page . How can I cancell those that put these articles on ?

How can I stop this " popsicle " from coming on my computer with the " next page, next page, next page, next page " ?

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let's work together

Your blatant dislike of Trump has been apparent since he won. But could you please hold it down during this crisis? Instead of bashing him for how he treats (insulting) reporters at his daily WH press conferences, could you please focus on the crisis and how ably he is handling it. Highlight the positives, as lord knows we need those. There were reports from multiple private sector companies yesterday detailing what they are doing to help those in need, and you decided to give details about a question a reported asked about Seoul. Give me a break. The man works…

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years????????
    *** SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TOO MANY CLICKS TO SEE AND ARTICLE

I LOVE MY AOL AND HAVE USED AOL FOR YEARS. BUT I MUST TELL YOU. IT IS REALLY FRUSTRATING TO HAVE TO CLICK NEXT PAGE SO MANY TIMES FOR THE ARTICLE THAT I USUALLY CLOSE IT WITHOUT FINISHING IT. UNLIKE A NEWSPAPER OR MAGAZINE THAT YOU MIGHT ONCE OR TWICE HAVE TO GO TO THE REAR OF IT TO FINISHING THE ARTICLE. CLICK NEXT IS BORING, AND TOTALLY UNNECESSARY FOR NEWS.

106th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put the option to opt out of interest based advertising back

AOL changed the opt out of interest based advertising. It used to be easy , now it's so complicated and doesn't actually let you have the option anymore. You used to be able to get it down to only a few, but now, with that option removed. You are subject to an average of 135 different companies tracking and targeting you.AOL doesn't care bout the customer, they are only about advertising, if we pay for AOL service, they only profit more. AOL, no longer stands for "America On Line" It's "Advertising On LIne"

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Do not show unwanted discussing ads on right side. I keep receiving ads with pictures of DEAD DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP THIS! Give us controls

Do not show unwanted disgusting ads on right side. I keep receiving ads with pictures of dead dogs!!!!!! Give us a way to modify ads we receive and especially limit this type of offensive ads.

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base