Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1032 results found

1. Missing welcome sound

My welcome sound will not play when I sign in. It only says you've got mail. Please fix.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please report this issue with the Welcome sound by using the “Report a Bug” section, so our engineers can troubleshoot it further? It can be accessed by clicking the Help menu at the top.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

2. Your blocking names does no good at all. All they do is use a new screen name to send mails of threats.

Your blocking names does no good for Spam at all. All they do is use a new screen name to send threatening mails. You have accomplished nothing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

4. hacking my account

On 5/14 and 5/15 I got a notice that someone was impersonating me on my account. I see now that someone did get into my account and pretend like I wrote a letter to him, from my account so it looks like I sent it. He kept it in my drafts, then sent it to himself today.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Thought you should see this.

Got this today and thought you should be aware of it: At the top was a large, bold "AOL.". i thought I'd send it to you before I deleted it.

Dear User,

This is a feedback from your earlier request with instruction to close your AOL account.

Note that your request is now being processed and we need you to confirm the account closure request.

If you didn't initiate the account closure request, click Cancel Account Closure Request button immediately and login with your e-mail to cancel and update your account.

Aol Account Closure Request

Failure to cancel this request,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

The email is not legit. Please mark it as spam and make sure you do not click on any links.

6. common courtesy

Lets have a little courtesy when on chat, yes you may be busy Arthur S but I waited to talk to you and did not get the complete information and when I asked to wait you cut me off Extremely rude an unprofessional for a paying customer. I think you should wait until the customer is satisfied with the help you have suggested and to make sure the customer is satisfied
    It might be a good idea to hire a few more people to help in the chat sessions instead of being so rude and unhelpful to your customers

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

7. does AOL plan to fix this sending email problem or just keep its members constantly ****** off?

oh just another day of being so ****** off that I can't send emails.. wait 5 minutes, wait another 5 minutes, then try again.. oh no, wait THIS 5 minutes and try it.. it didn't work? well wait 5 minutes and try again. Fix this worthless program or give us back all our money, give us back our dial up aol that at least worked.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please close and reopen the AOL Desktop Gold software and in case the issue persists, give us a call at 1-888-265-3733 and one of our technicians will further investigate

8. Something is wrong with my AOL. I can't open my e-mails. They will not load. Keep getting a massage to wait 5 mins and try again.

What the **** is going on with AOL? I'm about to cancel them. Been with them since 1997. Come on guys get your act together.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try clearing the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

In case the issue persists please restart the software.

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

10. aol desktop gold chat room

aol desktop gold chat room

I would like the font enlarged in chat settings

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

11. I have over 6000 emails. I keep getting more as I don't have time to read them all. Delete them all or?

Delete all emails or save all emails. I don't have time to read 6000 emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To delete multiple emails:

1. In your Mailbox window, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then select the emails that you wish to delete.

2. Click Delete.

To delete multiple consecutive emails:

1. In your Mailbox window click the first email that you wish to delete.

2. Now, hold the Shift key down, and click the last email in the list. This will select all the emails between the first email and the last email that you have selected.

3. Click Delete.

If you have any other questions call us at 1-888-265-3733.

12. No blue border on top of some mail and web pages. Cant close or move them.

I am so fed up at this point. Now there are no blue borders on top of some emails and web pages so I can delete them or move them or close them. I have to sign off and sign on again to get rid of them. What is going on there?? This is too much to take already on top of everything else that is wrong. DO NOT TELL ME TO CALL A TECH. THIS IS ON YOUR SIDE, NOT MINE.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to highlight an email, first, click on its subject, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the highlight to the next email.

If the issue still persists, please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733

13. I'm fed up with AOL and them allowing the perverts and bullies in chat. I was just told by a AOL Support person the is nothing the can do.

Have a person come into Romance Chat and see what your chats are like. Loaded with people bullying and people posting Names, Addresses and phone numbers of other members. The place is dangerous. You method of allowing the offenders new accounts after TOS isn't work. Fix it or be responsible for the law to fix it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you see content in an AOL Chat that violates the AOL Terms of Service, let us know right away.

1. While in a chat, select a username from the ‘People Here’ list.
    2. Using your cursor, highlight the portion of the conversation that’s in violation.
    3. Click Notify AOL.

14. Delete Email

I would like to delete one of my emails and nobody at AOL can help. Please advise on how I can delete **@aol.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Feedback for unread and read emails

I like for the listing on the "New Emails" list be the following way:

1. The emails on the list that I've not read to be in bold type; and

2. The emails on the "New" list that I've read and clicked to be listed as "unread" to be in the light type.

This makes me able to see at with only a quick glance if I've already read it but still wanted it in the "New" list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, this feature is no
    longer available. I apologize for the inconvenience.

16. The number of emails one can send as any one time

I am required to send over 50 emails to my selected staff officer and to my bosses that are not spam yet you guys are doing everything possible to make my job more difficult to perform by only allowing me to only 50 Staff and leaders at a time. This affect my efficiency in the performance of my job and now requires me to send two.

Your desire to control spam in this format is putting extra work upon the email sender yet you keep putting items into my spam folder that are not spam but in my address book.…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add a Ship Icon to the inventory of Icons for the customized Tool Bar.

Please add a Ship Icon to the inventory of Icons for the Tool Bar.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the sign-on message bug

I keep getting a sign-on message looking for an alternate email and a phone number to prevent lockouts. I don't have any alternate email accounts. I only have my AOL account. I don't have a smart phone or any phone that will receive text messages. I only have my hard-wired house phone. There's no way to "verify" my house phone with a text message. There's no way to just say "No" or opt out from this annoying message that sometimes prevents me from signing on to a service that I pay for. Please make it stop!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the inconvenience, but AOL is just doing its best to protect your online safety. It’s extremely important to have updated information should you ever need to change your account settings, reset your password or contact AOL customer support.

19. E-mail don't get answered because instead of my e-mail they get NOT Needed.

Many of my e-mails go to people that, instead of my e mail they get NOT NEEDED. I have responds from three so far-CA, AZ and MS

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Master Screen Name Control

What happened to the control for secondary screen names by the Master Screen name? Taking this control away from the account holder who pays for this service is a serious breach of parental oversight and has implications beyond that. This is another ridiculous change that gives every appearance of irresponsible and thoughtless conduct by AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the past, AOL offered the ability to create secondary usernames linked to this Master username, however, as of November 30, 2017, the ability to add or manage additional usernames has been removed.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base