Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1034 results found

1. NOTIFY CUSTOMERS WHERE AOL MAIL IS SAVED ON YOUR COMPUTER

When one buys a new computer any AOL mail is saved on your existing PC, it is lost due to the fact that AOL’s Programmers failed to allow you to pick a folder to save those e-mails in so that you can easily transfer those folders to your new computer. AOL wants to charge for technical support to help you with moving the files to the new computer when all AOL customers should be able to do it easily. Just one more bad problem with AOL GOLD Desktop. I do not expect to pay a dime for AOL technical support…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to export the personal filing cabinet (PFC) has been made available in the last update. To export your PFC, go to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – click on the “Export” button, select a location where you want to save the PFC file, then click “Save”. After this you will be given the option to create a password for the PFC file, this step is mandatory, so make sure to write your password down after creating it.

The .export file can be moved to another computer, using an external storage device or online file storage service, and can be imported in AOL Desktop Gold, by going to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – and clicking on the “Import” button (the previously created password is required).

Please note that the .export PFC file cannot be opened, and in order to…

2. 5/2/18: Your weather right now shows 15 degrees in New York, NY but it is 61 degrees.

Even the AOL weather is broken. Nothing works here anymore! I already cleared my browser so don't tell me to do that.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please make sure the temperature is set to be displayed in Fahrenheit. After loading the aol.com/weather page click on the Fahrenheit symbol on the top right corner of the page.

3. SEARCH Emails in you folders DOES NOT WORK. I am not talking about the search window. It is the Search in your emails

Looking for an old email the search window in the Email window does NOT work. You can type in the correct email address and you know there are lots of emails from the person...but NOTHING comes up NOTHING. Pls fix it

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Your info/advice is all wrong time and time again

You tell me to call a tech and give me the phone number fort the Bookkeeping Department.

You tell me (your reply is below) how to access my personal filing cabinet but there is no such file on my hard drive:

"The personal filing cabinet is stored in a local database folder, which can be opened by accessing the path below in the Windows Run box (press the Windows key + R): LOCALAPPDATA\AOLDesktopData\db

If you still encounter issue call us at 1-888-265-3733."

Product Support, AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to export the personal filing cabinet (PFC) has been made available in the last update. To export your PFC, go to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – click on the “Export” button, select a location where you want to save the PFC file, then click “Save”. After this you will be given the option to create a password for the PFC file, this step is mandatory, so make sure to write your password down after creating it.

The .export file can be moved to another computer, using an external storage device or online file storage service, and can be imported in AOL Desktop Gold, by going to Edit – General Settings – My Data (tab) – and clicking on the “Import” button (the previously created password is required).

Please note that the .export PFC file cannot be opened, and in order to…

5. what the **** do i ahve to do to get some help form you people to fix my **** chat issues and to bring back AIM,,AIM is the

why cant i get any ******** help fomr you people to fix this ****,,,chat is useless i keep getting froze out and this whole site is worthless wihtout AIKM

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I know you will mark this as "Duplicate" and close comments on it.

But we are STILL having problems with saving emails as drafts. If an email is slow in saving -- and this happens frequently -- it often times will save 2 or 3 times. And if it is slow in sending, often times it will send more than once. When will this be fixed? Also, the cursor defaults to the body of the email and not the To: line. When will this be fixed? When I spoke to one of your tech people on the phone, she couldn't figure out why this was happening. I have also used Report A Bug…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can disable the draft auto-save feature: Mail > Mail Settings > Advanced tab > un-check “Autosave draft emails”. Changes are saved automatically.

If you are still encountering issues please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733

8. Be honest

OK, my original idea was placed in a group of similar complaints. AOL responded with a "solution," which did not resolve the issue at all. Consequently, comments on AOL's non-responsive reply have been closed.
    It is clear that AOL has no interest in actually serving its customers.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please be assured each suggestion you send to us is carefully read and evaluated by a member of our staff. We take your concerns very seriously and answer your questions and comments with the most up-to-date information available to us.

9. AOL Gold Support via Phone - Not Efficient

AOL Gold Support via Phone

AOL states if you have an AOL Gold question to call 1-888-265-3733.
    When I call 1-888-265-3733 for tech support, I usually wait some time before I am connected. I understand that there are busy times. But the problem is when I do get connected and have a tech issue, I am then forwarded to another number and have to wait AGAIN to be connected.

If I call 1-800-827-6364 the first person answering my call IS a tech person and I am not transferred to another department.

The AOL Gold number is a waste of time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

10. Is it really possible that you CANNOT WORK OFFLINE in Gold?

Is it really possible that Gold was released allowing that you MUST have an internet connection to view old Old/Sent/Draft e-mails that are supposedly "Saved On Your PC"?

Also, related, there was always the safety net before of being able to save the Organize Folder/Data (The entire PFC for each screen name). I am told by tech support this is not possible.

Though I think most of my other Gold issues are in other posts - There are so many that time prevents going though them all...Helllo AOL! - in synopsis: Previous 9.8 (Mail Waiting To Be Sent (Drafts) do…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

11. It appears that the "SAVE" and "SAVE AS" functions are not working, am I doing something wrong, or something esle is happening ?...........L

It appears that the "SAVE" and "SAVE AS" functions are not working, am I doing something wrong, or something esle is happening ?...........L

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Save& Save As options are now available, and in order to use them first open an email, then click on the File menu on the top left and select either Save or Save As to make a local copy of the email.

12. Go back to ONE sign on screen!

First AOL Gold had two sign on screens, now there are THREE. How about going back to the original AOL 9.8 and have ONE sign in screen. One should not have to navigate THREE screens just to sign in. A

Also get rid of that **** AOL search window that pops up on the right side of the screen once the Welcome screen pops up.

Long time AOL users want all the features that the old AOL 9.8 had, which made it very user friendly, was easy to customize and was a 'smooth' operating browser.

I know the new AOL…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you might have noticed we changed the login process in AOL Mail, to a more secure 2 step login, which helps prevent your AOL account from being compromised or hacked.

To disable the Search Window go to Edit > Startup Settings > Main Tab > uncheck the Search Window box.

The changes are saved automatically.

13. BRING BACK MY FOLDERS

My folders from the old AOL desktop are missing in AOL Desktop Gold. Please bring them back because they contain important information.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Where's Gold in Chat for Customer Support - they said they don't do Gold! Time wasted!

I tried my usual, enjoyable chat to get questions answered, and the response was that they don't support Gold! If they don't, what are they supporting?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

We are available by phone anytime at 1-888-265-3733.

15. How about this.....

Would it not be nice if AOL sent out a EMAIL to all subscribers, and Apologized for the inconvenience they have caused, and are looking to bring back most of the 9.8 AOL that it seems, EVERYONE LOVED.
    Such as Sign On Screen
    Favorites at My Favorites, that we could adjust to OUR LIKING.
    Screen size from 9.8.
    LESS ADS.
    Having the System Information logo on bottom task bar.
    I could go on and on. But from what i am reading, we are getting responses, "THAT THE ENGINEERS ARE WORKING ON IT." Did ANYONE TEST the AOL GOLD with consumers,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Miha responded

We appreciate you sending us suggestions for features that you would like to see implemented.

Please be assured each suggestion you send to us is carefully read and evaluated by a member of our staff. We take your concerns very seriously and answer your questions and comments with the most up-to-date information available to us.

Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

16. Deleting emails Aol Desktop Gold is not working properly

When I delete some of my emails it delete some of it but when I delete consecutively it will sometimes delete the ones that it follows that I don not want to be deleted. Please fix this issue, and if you could make the most recently deleted though it's not the most updated date if it is the most recent deleted email when I go to the recently deleted email I can see it immediately at the top of the list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Gold sucks.....it needs a dictionary with a place to store important words. One should be able to change the word YOU are giving. MUCH MORE

There are soooooooooo many places we cant cut and paste. SHAME ON YOU for making us take a completely unfinished program in place of a wonderful 9.8.2 WE NEED A WORKING DICTIONARY...AND IMMEDIATELY. Impossible to store or psychical change any words that you supply. I believe this is a ROBOTIC answering department because NOTHING has been changed since I have called in and written my complaints about GOLD. I think your GOLD is TARNISHED TARMISHED

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the formality of the replies, however, due to the enormously high volume we receive daily, it would be impossible for us to send personalized responses to every person who writes to us.

AOL Desktop Gold has a new way of spell checking your emails. This is done automatically, in real time, as you compose your messages. When the AOL Desktop Gold detects a spelling error, the word is highlighted by a red line under it. (Click the link below to see an image for an example) http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/4db80cc33bd37e32201f88ab1843266a/Gold+Mail+-+1%3A2+Spell+Check+How+to+identify.png

To correct the spelling error, right-click the word and select one of the options provided. (Click the link below to…

18. I don't like Gold

I don't like Gold, things do not work properly as should a new program. They told me that they will fix the problem but they didn't accomplish what they need to do. Gold is slow, having delay on response and favorites are different and not responding. Please fix this as soon as possible.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues. This article provides the steps to restart the PC: help.aol.com/articles/restart-the-computer

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications. For help with this, please refer to the following help article:https://help.aol.com/articles/enable-only-essential-startup-programs

The…

19. Hate the font in inbox.

***@aol.com; Hate the font in inbox. You cannot Select All when deleting emails. This whole platform sucks. I been a member since 1994. You all have * for news reporting. Hate the popups. I will not continue to pay $27.15 when I have popups ads in my feed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To adjust the font size in the list of mail, click ""Edit"" on the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, select ""Mail Settings"" from the drop-down menu, and from the ""Font and Text"" tab select your preferred " Font Size" from the drop-down menu (Small, Medium or Large). After selecting the Font Size the changes are saved automatically.

You can select all the emails by pressing CTRL + A.

20. When I send an E-mail and it is gone, so is the E-mail I send. Is there a button or place I can "click" that the sent E-mail stays on my scr

Tell me where to locate a place I can "click" so I do not lose a sent E-mail that I want to modify and send someone else.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once an email is sent it will disappear from the screen, but you can always retrieve it from the Sent folder, in your mailbox, and forward it to someone else.

1 2 6 8 10 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base