AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voice chat and cam chat. We had that 15+ years ago!

About 15+years ago we could speak and cam (free) while IMing with that person. How adding that on an update?

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conversation section moderators

Conversation Moderators:
    This new monitor program in the "conversation" section of news articles is getting out of hand.
    I posted this in reply to someone who touted their degree from Columbia while disputing Pres. Obama's degree from there. In a second attempt to post, I said "Try again. You really think Obama got into Harvard Law without a degree from Columbia? He graduated Magna *** Laude and was the first junior to ever become Editor of the prestigious Harvard Law Review.
    I assume you're familiar with "Mailman" between Haven Ave and Riverside Dr/ 168th St NY, NY 10032 I know…

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Capital One website

Capital One website

can't process the payment in Capital one website thru Aol desktop Gold
    Oops, we're hit a snag
    Looks like we need to fix something,
    so we're working on it.
    Try it again in a bit.

on other web browser like CHROME, IE and FIREFOX the option to make a payment was working.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Welcome screen news feed excessive number of ads

Your excessive use of ads makes it very difficult to follow a news thread. Users have to go through multiple screens to get to the highlighted news substance and even the news are surrounded by so many ads that you end up with a very small news screen. That may be one of the reasons many of us are using accounts from other providers, which are totally free more and more. I understand your need for ads, but it is becoming too much.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pathetic

AOL is a pathetic excuse for a business. You goal is to change America's past, present and future with stupid lies and twisting of facts. YOU SUCK

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Everything is being censored before publishing - why? I follow AOL rules.

Every post is now delayed for an inordinate amount of time before being published and I don't understand why. I follow the AOL rules and guidelines 100% and I'm getting really sick and tired of this over-censorship.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Everything is being censored before publishing - why? I follow AOL rules.

Every post is now delayed for an inordinate amount of time before being published and I don't understand why. I follow the AOL rules and guidelines 100% and I'm getting really sick and tired of this over-censorship.

650th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I cannot change the write email default font. I've tried going to "settings" and also going to the options method in AOL mail.

I cannot change my email write font from it's current default of 10 pt. I would like to be able to change it to 14 pt. I've tried both suggested methods by going to settings/font/text and by going to AOL mail/options/compose neither will change the current default on the write page. The "settings" will revert back to the 10 pt default after saving the change. The "option" method will retain the change to 14 pt BUT the email write font is still stuck on10pt. ie : the write font does not update.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Knock off the bias reporting on our President Trump

The reporters at AOL obviously have desire to belittle and demean our President. I am a conservative and love our country and will always respect and support the Office of President of the United States, regardless of his or her's political affiliation. AOL is not objective in your reporting on President Trump. I am considering dropping the service for this reason.. You Trump derangement syndrome is self evident. We don't want your opinions just give us the facts.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Where are Saved Emails Stored on my PC with Older Versions of AOL Desktop (before AOL Desktop Gold) and transferring those emails to new PC

Go to:
    C: Drive / Program Data / AOL 9.8.2 (or another version you may have used)/ organize

In the Organize folder find the file with:
    “your AOL email screen name” with no file extension
    Rename that file adding the extension: .pfc

In your current AOL Desktop Gold software. Go to Edit / General Settings / My Data / Import from Older AOL Files / PFC Import

Now search for the .pfc file you just renamed, and import that file

Close and Restart AOL Desktop Gold and Hopefully you will see all of your previously saved folders and AOL emails…

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Where are Saved Emails Stored on my PC with AOL Desktop Gold ?

Where are Saved Emails Stored on my PC with AOL Desktop Gold ?

283rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Put Spam back like it was - able to open links.

Again - please put Spam back like it was - so I can open links. At the very least, if I say it is not spam, move it to New Mail, not Old Mail. I am not longer able to unsubscribe from Spam mailings without moving them or read the articles to see if it is something I want to keep getting. Your change has really complicated things.

283rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AOL HATE TRUMP NEWS

If you want to read Liberal Democrat Propaganda, then you will be right at home with AOL MEDIA NEWS STORIES.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. My comments that don't support Trump But Instead Support Biden Are Deleted

I am an American citizen who enjoys Freedom Of Speech. I do not support the policies of the current Administration and have made intelligent comments regarding different issues. My comment are being immediately deleted. It appears that AOL is using its ability to squash any dissent regarding the current administration in Washington, D. C. I believe this is a violation of my freedom of speech. If this violation continues within the next 14 days, I will cancel my AOL Desktop Gold and Tech Fortress accounts and will no longer pay AOL to violate my rights.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AOL needs some maintenance not being done during COVID19.

I wonder if the people at AOL realize that it's browser is not acting right. Functions work only after multiple clicks and most of the time I click I get a function menu pop-up that i don't want. Watching a YouTube video requires multiple clicks to start and I get unwanted function menu pop-ups navigating.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. comments

My comments are being removed; obviously because truth in them is offending CONs. I'm beginning to believe AOL is too CON FUSSY friendly. Providers can not take sides in a political arena. Don't learn the hard way.
    If the truth irritates you, your in denial or hallucinating.
    I am not vulgar or vile. My comments involve direct evidence with honest opinions and do not violate our rules. .

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cuomo

New York deserves the stupidity of Cuomo. They elect ********* that is what they get. America is NOT what it used to be...it is run by failing idiots who think they are smarter than you....any maybe they are...you idiots voted for him.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Millennials

These so called millennials are nothing more than people who have no future, no job, a know-nothing education. They have degrees in how to boil water in the sun and how to make a bed out of hay. They think they invented being 25 years old and having *** out of marriage and being independent while living with mom and dad. Give me a break.

382nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base