AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CLOSE MAIL BOX

I want to close my mail box, I have other screen names that usually I closed the mail box, now are full of spam. Please put back that option

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear button in 'Quick Find' box

Please add a 'clear' button, or 'X', in the green 'Quick Find' box. Thanks.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The red number for new mail is much too small and we must strain to see it.

Please enlarge it. We keep checking for new mail and the number is hard to see.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. auto fill option

I have asked before, when will aol have an auto fill option for name, address etc as other browsers Chrome,Mozilla etal

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop destroying the Icons.

First you destroyed the "smiley face" by giving it a moronic-looking open mouth. A smiley face is a smiley face. This new thing is not. Now I see you've destroyed the cute "wink." It's substitute is overblown and ugly. Are you deliberately trying to destroy aol? Or has aol been gobbled up by just another tasteless megawhatever?

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mew emojis are nice but most of them are too small to use. You can't make them larger using font size.

Please make them work with choice of font sizes so we can make them larger.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Browser Related Issue

Follow up for the issue that i have reported 4days ago about not being able to utilize and have the reply button for the craigslists.com. Please have it fix as the issue started since 01/27/2019. Please provide me a feedback if possible as this is a work related website for me and it's not satisfying to know that it's available in AOL Desktop Gold. Thanks.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Product Support responded

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The engineering team is aware of this issue, and is working on a solution. Thank you for your understanding.

9. lastpass

If you use Lastpass as your password manager, you need to leave AOL and open another browser, like Chrome, to log on to another account.

It would be good to have a Lastpass extension for the AOL browser.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Request improved emoticon selections in email

The current choices for emoticons in email is poor.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back feature to automatically start AOL when it crashes

There was a box to check in 9.8 if you wanted AOL to automatically restart after a crash.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How do I add new fonts to AOL Gold? Used to be able to use Edwardian script to make fancy messages but the choices with GOLD are limited??

Need more font choices such as Edwardian script or such to make nice cards or messages. Old version allowed more fonts and/or ability to add fonts? Can we add new fonts?

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your feedback and will be adding more fonts in the future. Thanks for reaching out and making us aware of this request!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

14. ADBlock Plus

My browser is FIREFOX. I recently moved from AOL 9.??? to AOL Gold. In the former I successfully used ADBlock Plus and was pleased with the results. I find that AOL Gold is much like AOL 9.?? BEFORE I installed ADBlock Plus. TOO MANY ADS in Gold. I contacted your support desk and was told that AOL Gold currently does NOT support ADBlock Plus. They suggested I submit this thru feedback.Roy

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. write mail

It would be convenient when a user has multiple accounts /user names if the "write mail" screen would display the user name currently logged in. Example:
    "Write mail from User1234"

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 14th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. recently deleted option is missing form mail>drop down menu

in old aol>one went to mail on the menu bar>got a context menu>and recently deleted mail option was available to go to that mail folder.
    in aol gold the option of recently deleted mail is not available and must be reached by using read>then going to the left side window to select recently deleted mail.

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow spelling changes within spell check.

after generating an email, one uses aol spell check and comes across a misspelled word-
    if the correct word is not in the suggested list, one must close spell check and manually correct the spelling in the email.
    spell check should allow for changes to be made dynamically in the box where the misspelled word shows up.

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. would like program like boomerang for gmail so can have draft of email sent on certain day and time you select days before it is to be sent

Want program like Boomerang for gmail that allows you to draft email days or weeks before it is sent and this email is automatically sent on the day and time you select it to be sent.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preferences for Welcome Screen and AOL Benefits

Suggesting that a possible selection in settings to disable the welcome screen appearing when signing in. I have defaulted to go directly to mail, however, there remains a default to the welcome screen in backdrop. This is rather annoying as I can still see it and my attention is then directed to the welcome screen to make an action to close it .

Another suggestion is that an alternative news source be available to AOL members to have a discounted subscription to CRTV.
    This would allow members to customize their welcome screen to their preferences and would make the AOL…

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base