AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. would like program like boomerang for gmail so can have draft of email sent on certain day and time you select days before it is to be sent

Want program like Boomerang for gmail that allows you to draft email days or weeks before it is sent and this email is automatically sent on the day and time you select it to be sent.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preferences for Welcome Screen and AOL Benefits

Suggesting that a possible selection in settings to disable the welcome screen appearing when signing in. I have defaulted to go directly to mail, however, there remains a default to the welcome screen in backdrop. This is rather annoying as I can still see it and my attention is then directed to the welcome screen to make an action to close it .

Another suggestion is that an alternative news source be available to AOL members to have a discounted subscription to CRTV.
    This would allow members to customize their welcome screen to their preferences and would make the AOL…

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Grammerly

It will correct spelling and Grammer mistakes in email.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Forget trying to fix AOL sounds and restore Windows OS media player. Simple.

Dump your version of personalized sounds and restore the Windows Media Player. There are many sites from which all kinds of sounds may be downloaded and played. You have disabled this feature and forced us to consider your selections.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Thank you + font

Thank you for now allowing emojis to be used in sent emails and also for emblems/crests in letter headings to be included on emails.
    Is it possible to link the fonts on word processors to fonts on sent emails? This was done on earlier versions of AOL. Commercial script and Cloister Black would be welcomed by me.

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. surveys

Change survey from 1 to 10..some computers do not recognize 10 , thinks it's a 1 (giving a poor rating)
    1 to 5 is sufficient

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

16th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 'Reply to' feature

It would be great to have a 'Reply to' feature. In other words, if user A sends an email to user B and user B replies, the email goes back to user A. If user A could have a 'Reply to' feature e.g.,, user A could insert a different screen name for replies. I use AOL GOLD for our home owners association and most people have the tendency to reply to an email rather than forwarding it to an email address specified in the body of the email. In this case, a 'Reply To' feature would be great.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam and then Recently Deleted....the way it is now is terribly confus

Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam, and then Recently Deleted...makes much more sense!!!!! Please!!!!

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them eaiser to find?

I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them easier to find?

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I

I would like to have AOL Gold on my ipad. I don't want to carry a large laptop with me. I can get my mail but I can't get into favorites. Please consider this suggestion

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. please remove the extra click to show the details or emails under BCC. It should show up automatically

everytime i check my sent emails, instead of seeing the details right away i need to always do an extra click to show details.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Format control of emails page

I want to see and control more emails at once than the new gold allows and show only what I want to see

On aol anywhere I can
    - change the size and adjust how many emails show up on the list
    - use one hand and click on the side boxes to delete a large number of emails as a first run through
    - not have all the icons take up a quarter of the page

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spam Mail Deletion

I would suggest that recently deleted "Spam Mail" should go into the "Recently Deleted" folder the way previous versions (Blue) of AOL did for years. This would allow review prior to permanent deletion, esp. if the Spam Mail were deleted in error.

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. On the AOL APP for Android phones, there is ability to select: ALL, Read, UNRead, etc..

when I go to ANY email folder on the phone APP, I can choose 'view UNREAD' or others

This would be a VERY NICE enhancement for the Desktop.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AOL Desktop Gold Wallpaper

Hi I would like a request on next update build of AOL Desktop Gold Beta please have AOL Desktop Gold Wallpaper.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base