AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. complaints

one of your advertisers is using a Walmart gift card scam that voilated several laws including SS# and credti card number

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. download manager

Please give me the ability to change the default folder used by the Download Manager.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GRAY BAR APPEARS OVER CHAT BOX

WHEN I GO TO A CHAT ROOM IN THE CHAT COMMUNITY, THE CHAT BOX WHERE YOU TYPE IS COVERED WITH A GRAY BAR. THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN UNLESS YOU MAXIMIZE THE CHAT WINDOW. THE MINUTE YOU MAXIMIZE, THE GRAY BAR APPEARS COVERING THE CHAT BOX WHERE YOU TYPE. CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS?

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The engineering team is currently working to resolve this.

4. 177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Browser: I asked, & AOL support answered.. Now add it to AOL HELP.

Those answers all assume AOL IS NOT CONSTANTLY STEALING IT AWAY!! & you've Ignored EDGE, VIVALDI & DUCKDUCKGO

P.S There's really a better way

1.Click the start menu, and in the search box, search for Default Programs.
    2.Click on Default Programs.
    3.Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    4.In that Window, find .htm & .html
    5.Click on .htm, then 'Change program' (at top)
    6.Click on YOUR PREFERRED BROWSER, click OK.
    7.Repeat for html

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back feature to automatically start AOL when it crashes

There was a box to check in 9.8 if you wanted AOL to automatically restart after a crash.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 'Reply to' feature

It would be great to have a 'Reply to' feature. In other words, if user A sends an email to user B and user B replies, the email goes back to user A. If user A could have a 'Reply to' feature e.g.,, user A could insert a different screen name for replies. I use AOL GOLD for our home owners association and most people have the tendency to reply to an email rather than forwarding it to an email address specified in the body of the email. In this case, a 'Reply To' feature would be great.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. On the AOL APP for Android phones, there is ability to select: ALL, Read, UNRead, etc..

when I go to ANY email folder on the phone APP, I can choose 'view UNREAD' or others

This would be a VERY NICE enhancement for the Desktop.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AOL Desktop Gold Wallpaper

Hi I would like a request on next update build of AOL Desktop Gold Beta please have AOL Desktop Gold Wallpaper.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When inserting a link into email from the "heart" The link should be the desired font size chosen originally for email.

When inserting a link into email from the "heart" The link should be the desired font size chosen originally for email. Now it just inserts it at the smallest font available. If you write next to the link now your text looks out of order of sorts.t

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. VERY WEIRD Result writing an email, with underscore character ("_")

While entering an Underscore as part of a file name in an email
    (I.E. under_in-middle.pdf) the underscore did not show?! ... I copy/pasted that string elsewhere and it did display !!??

I tested many underscores on a blank line in the same email - and they ALL SHOWED!?!
    ONLY in that one section where I could not get the underscore to show, even copy/paste of an underscore in another line to that one
    spot, it would not show?!

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. browser should show progress. Sometimes you think it is frozen , so you refresh , and it screws up the whole session.

At the bottom it should show the web address and if it is making progress or stuck, because the website sucks or the browser is stuck. If you jump the gun and refresh some secure websites make you go through new verification **** to get back in.

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When system TIMEOUT occurs, AOL loses password

When leaving the computer for a time, Windows times out..
    Upon return, AOL demands its' Password - Even though the password has been saved.

My Desktop AOL normally comes up without needing the PW. The 'saved password' was always copied to each new release of the Beta, but once that timeout occurs, the PW is required.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ADG matching Win 10 Theme

I was wondering if the top bar colour could match the current Win 10 colour them like other apps and software do within that OS environment.

Also I don't believe the background image changing option within the client shouldn't be listed under 'FILE' it doesn't make sense, 'Settings' would be a better option and location for that facility

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I open Gold and the sign in area is shown, there is no indication that the "Data Mask" function is present.

I don't want my keystrokes to be seen by anyone. When Gold is opened, the Data Mask feature should be shown before login and password. Please fix this in Gold.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text colors in emails not working.

Clicking the apparent 'background' or 'text' color choices, does nothing.
    There are no choices presented.
    I did note that highlighted AND colored text reverted to black. But nothing allows other colors to be selected

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UNSORT files!

When attaching a file, not only has the path been unset, but files are listed in alphabetic order rather than by date, which is in date order - which is how the older AOL worked and how Windows explorer show them.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sorting of emails on "Type" not working.

The "Type" column, when sorted sorts by date, not the type (image, attachment, or just text)

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. social media connect

The little heart at the top right of the browser , should be able to let user post to face book and other social media, like the browser did in desktop 9.8.2.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base