AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why is AOL always bashing Trump but praising liberals? I'm sick of it.

Why is AOL always bashing Trump but praising liberals? I'm sick of it.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sign on

The sign off link at top used to show all screens names of master account and if any of those screen names had unread mail. Now it doesn't and you have to sign into each screen name to see if any unread mail is waiting. You went from ease of use to non ease of use. Please return this feature.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity for me. Everybody seems to have that number.

Quit trying to get my cell phone number. That is one of the least secure forms of identity. BTW, your content is soooooooooo biased it has zero integrity at this point. Just completely worthless.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. news items

it is impossible to try and respond to one of your lead-ins for all your advertisments, you present a headline, i want to read what your offering, but your ads block the news, jump all over the page and make it impossible to get to the article. i am tired of it and will no longer respond to any of your headlines headlines

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AoL at its worse

As one of the oldest email systems, AoL seems far behind other platforms, almost antiquated in some areas, don't even mention the garbage on the what do you think about President Trump site. It is totally sad to see how low some people are. Desktop Gold experience should get rid of all of the bogus and unsitely advertisement, and popups. Time to move on......

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Sounds!

I am the one with the file of short, non-offensive wavs. I never heard from anyone about sending them to you and am not sure the best way to send them. PLEASE consider let me send them so you can consider them. I am 62 years old, not 15. The current sounds are not for my generation. PLEASE at least consider my plea. Contact me at *****@Aol.com so that I can send you the wavs, you can review them and consider weather you can use them. If you still do not want to use them, them so be it. But…

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. why is aol slow

AoOL is sooooo slooow I think I'm back in the 90's.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'm not happy with all the pop-up (ads) on ADG. These are too excessive, it's blocking other windows.

I'm not happy with all the pop-up (ads) on ADG. These are too excessive, it's blocking other windows.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Old article

Today, April 2, is an article on your news page entitled "The Trump cartoon that may have gone too far". The article is dated July 6, 2019. Is there such a shortage of today's news that you have to run a 9 month old article?

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. opinion

AOL....you disgust me. Why do you hate America. Can you not find anyone to work for you who is not a communist? Huff Post may rot in ****!

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop blocking and censoring comments, AOL clear bias to the left, freedom of speech being violated!

Stop the censoring of conservatives, stop the propaganda articles, show more patriotism for our wonderful country, TRUTH

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. flashing advertisements

Can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop--JUST STOP--all the flashing ads that play next to my e-mail. I'm going to get seizures from all the flashing!!! PLEASE JUST STOP IT. I'd hate to give up AOL and move to a new e-mail, but I CANNOT TAKE all those ads that flash (especially the clothing ads) in rapid succession.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. blocking emails from "host" server

would be helpful if you could get a program written to block email that are coming with the designated server as "host" - i don't have any of my email contacts coming from "host" = they are simply coming from commercial entities that i do not need in my emails

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can Music to an AOL email or AOL mail attachment that play when it is open by recipient

To me, I think we need a way to Add Background Songs or music to email to play when the recipient opens his or her AOL email attachment note or letter. If it can be done AOL--Gold help desk live support just said cannot be done. I do not know how or if it can be done. But sure is a great idea. Thank you.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Transferring data

I attempted to copy everything I have in AOL 9.8.0 on my Windows 7 desktop to AOL Gold on my new Windows 10 computer. Everything moved without any problem
    except "Mail waiting to be sent." I am told by your tech department that it is not possible. That is hard to accept! My wife has years of writings in "Mail waiting to be sent" that are now useless unless I keep the old computer. I believe AOL should write the code to facilitate this move for its long time customers. This is extremely frustrating for our business, especially since we…

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. WHY DO YOUR ******* "IN THE KNOW" ADVERTISING START PLAYING??? I CALLED AND I THOUGHT YOU REP FIXED THE PROBLEM.

WHY DOES YOUR ******* "IN THE KNOW" ADVERTISING START PLAYING WHILE I AM DOING OTHER THINGS ON MY COMPUTER. I THOUGHT THE REP FIXED IT...1/2 HOUR WASTED. I AM NOT INTERESTED. LET ME REPEAT, I AM NOT INTERESTED. PERHAPS I SHOULD START OPENING UP THE AD AND EXPRESS MY OPINIONS TO THEM ABOUT AOL.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. sign on screen make the username box bigger along with the arrow,you have plenty of room why don't you make it convenient for people to use

Regarding sign on screen. Why don't you make the username box bigger making it easier to to log in . Above all the small arrow icon to change users. it's so small and light colored you need a magnifying glass to see it. I can't believe something that is used often is so small .Doesn't anybody that designed this ever tried to use it. You have to be a marksman to hit it with your mouse,every time I sign on it torques me that this was designed so stupid.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Folders can't be moved to "Saved on AOL"

We ought to be able to Copy "Saved on my PC" folders to "Saved on AOL" as there are several selective backup utilities that can only see content on "Saved on AOL" folders.

As another reviewer said, the Manage Folders functions "Move" and "Save Folder As" functions are not working.

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The word I should always be in upper case. When I type it as i, this is incorrect. GOLD program does not show this as an error.

The word I should always be in upper case. When I type it as i (LOWER CASE), this is incorrect. GOLD program does not show this as an error.

Second issue If I have to type a word or name that is correct for my
    use, I get a "QUESTIONABLE" along with YOUR list of suggestions. What happens if those suggestions are not what I need or want?  There is no way to correct or amend the word in the QUESTIONABLE area. There is no cursor in that area. There is also no way to save that word IN ORDER…

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. there needs to be a way to save multiple emails, as a group to a flash drive or hard copy

there needs to be a way to select multiple emails, and save them all as individual files, to a flash drive, hard drive, etc so they can be used/viewed individually... OFF SITE from AOL or required internet access.

I have a situation where I need to make a copy of 249 emails and present them all, as separate, electronic files, as evidence in a court case. All 249 emails are saved - on AOL, in the PFC, and accessible... but only through internet access. I need to submit a flash drive to the court with all of the files, as…

174th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base