AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save To My PC

When the heck did you change the 'saved to my pc'? It used to save to a folder in My Documents ON MY COMPUTER! It was great as I didn't have to get on line to sign in to AOL to see mails I saved to MY PC! I don't like the idea of having to sign on to my email account, which requires an online connection to look for something I saved to my computer. Please bring back that feature.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them eaiser to find?

I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them easier to find?

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please modify your software to allow the column width for the " Email address" to be at least 2 to 3 times wider. When I receive emails from

You need the column width to show all of "customer service @ agora financial." instead of just "customer service @ ". I have to move the top of the screen on each email to see who is sending me the email and cannot scan them and delete the trash. It is a waste of time to have to open the column wider each time to read who the Email is from. Thank you for your help.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Health News

Please put back the Health News category. I always use it as I am interested in this category . I would think other people are also interested.

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add commas to addresses in groups

I send newsletters to 300 people once a month. Addresses often change and I delete my group and create a new one from time to time. Each time I have to add commas to the addresses one by one in step 3 of the Manage Group page. Can this be done automatically?

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bring back animations to email

stationery is lame but better than nothing THE OLD ANIMATIONS AND MUSIC were great bring them back to us.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mew emojis are nice but most of them are too small to use. You can't make them larger using font size.

Please make them work with choice of font sizes so we can make them larger.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bold font color is good - dark and easily read -- on regular type font the color - so faint it is hard to read

The font on articles other than titles which are a good dark color is extremely light and difficult to read. needs to be fixed- adjusted or something to darken the color of regular type in an article.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restore Email Headings with Date on Far Right

Please restore or give the ability to move the date on the email headings to the far right

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

We’re happy to help! Can you provide some more details about your request? For example, do you want the ability to drop and drag the Date column so it’s on the far right of the message view?

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

11. Preferences for Welcome Screen and AOL Benefits

Suggesting that a possible selection in settings to disable the welcome screen appearing when signing in. I have defaulted to go directly to mail, however, there remains a default to the welcome screen in backdrop. This is rather annoying as I can still see it and my attention is then directed to the welcome screen to make an action to close it .

Another suggestion is that an alternative news source be available to AOL members to have a discounted subscription to CRTV.
    This would allow members to customize their welcome screen to their preferences and would make the AOL…

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Grammerly

It will correct spelling and Grammer mistakes in email.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please remove the extra click to show the details or emails under BCC. It should show up automatically

everytime i check my sent emails, instead of seeing the details right away i need to always do an extra click to show details.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dates

Put dates on these suggestions! And leave them in date order.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Saving individual mail folders in Gold

Bring back the old way of saving mail folders in your Personal Filing Cabinet like it has been since the beginning of AOL - yes I have been a paying member since the day it started and with Gold can no longer save the individual folders in the Mail to another location like a DVD or memory stick. These folders get way too big and non-manageable over time
    If you right click on a saved mail folder now in Gold it says :"Save Folder As" - like it always has - but when you click on it nothing happens.
    This…

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Request improved emoticon selections in email

The current choices for emoticons in email is poor.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like "motion" on clip art (like before Desktop Gold); I would like to be able to hover over the "read" emails to see new emails (lik

I would like motion in my clip art (as before AOL Desktop Gold.) I would like to hover over "read" to view new emails.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send Feedback Forum Disorganized

This Feedback forum was a nice idea, but has become useless. New posts need to be on top, posts need a date. We're confused as to what happened and when. Recently Aol pulled back the Beta version, but to what? Where are we now? How are we supposed to help you if you don't help us?

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base