AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search mail feature!

When I search for a particular email address, I want mail "from that one person". I now get ALL the emails that this person was included in, such as in 'group' emails, like my Lions club. Some of those people also send me "personal" emails and I want to be able to search for the one particular email from that one particular person. This is how this "search" used to work and how it SHOULD work. Please switch this feature back to how it was...it is driving me crazy!

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save To My PC

When the heck did you change the 'saved to my pc'? It used to save to a folder in My Documents ON MY COMPUTER! It was great as I didn't have to get on line to sign in to AOL to see mails I saved to MY PC! I don't like the idea of having to sign on to my email account, which requires an online connection to look for something I saved to my computer. Please bring back that feature.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Background vs Stationery

You obviously misunderstood, we didn't want your stationery, we want to be able to OUR OWN backgrounds like before. How difficult is that? You don't even understand what your customers want or need, yet you increase the rates? That's almost laughable. You're stealing from us. Why didn't you take notes of AOL 9.8.2 before you cut it off? You don't have a clue as to what we want or need. You're not even trying to satisfy us. Why not?

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use an asterisk (*) to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, version@suit.hygeist.org. E

Use an asterisk () to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, Version@suit.hygeist.org. Example: Version@ That would take care of all spam starting with Version@ and no need to list each one in the Block Spam.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. #5 and #10 slots in your front page newsfeed are both taken by same filthy political attack ad. TAKE IT DOWN!!

5 and #10 slots in your front page newsfeed both taken by same filthy political attack ad. TAKE IT DOWN!! This does not belong in a newsfeed even once, let alone twice!

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow spelling changes within spell check.

after generating an email, one uses aol spell check and comes across a misspelled word-
    if the correct word is not in the suggested list, one must close spell check and manually correct the spelling in the email.
    spell check should allow for changes to be made dynamically in the box where the misspelled word shows up.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

I need the option of selecting email address in address card. That'a one of main reason I use AOL,

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam and then Recently Deleted....the way it is now is terribly confus

Please rearrange MY MAIL FOLDERS as follows: New, Old, Drafts, Sent, Spam, and then Recently Deleted...makes much more sense!!!!! Please!!!!

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Health News

Please put back the Health News category. I always use it as I am interested in this category . I would think other people are also interested.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years????????
    *** SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hi - I would like it if you could block emails with certain words in them.

Please allow us to block emails with certain words in them. I get about 20 emails a day that are spa but I can't block them with keywords. The email addresses with todays tech have about 20 different character combos so you can't effectively block them by selecting just the email address.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them eaiser to find?

I have many favorite places but only use a few daily. Can I make the ones I use in bold type to make them easier to find?

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add commas to addresses in groups

I send newsletters to 300 people once a month. Addresses often change and I delete my group and create a new one from time to time. Each time I have to add commas to the addresses one by one in step 3 of the Manage Group page. Can this be done automatically?

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mew emojis are nice but most of them are too small to use. You can't make them larger using font size.

Please make them work with choice of font sizes so we can make them larger.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Although the mail list does not display a time stamp, you can see the time when the email was received, by opening the email and checking the Date section in the email header just below the Subject line.

18. Please modify your software to allow the column width for the " Email address" to be at least 2 to 3 times wider. When I receive emails from

You need the column width to show all of "customer service @ agora financial." instead of just "customer service @ ". I have to move the top of the screen on each email to see who is sending me the email and cannot scan them and delete the trash. It is a waste of time to have to open the column wider each time to read who the Email is from. Thank you for your help.

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bold font color is good - dark and easily read -- on regular type font the color - so faint it is hard to read

The font on articles other than titles which are a good dark color is extremely light and difficult to read. needs to be fixed- adjusted or something to darken the color of regular type in an article.

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

I would like to recommend to having photos to auto-fit the window for the email.

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base