AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send Feedback Forum Disorganized

This Feedback forum was a nice idea, but has become useless. New posts need to be on top, posts need a date. We're confused as to what happened and when. Recently Aol pulled back the Beta version, but to what? Where are we now? How are we supposed to help you if you don't help us?

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File Downloading

When an email has a file attached now, (1) it doesn't open like they used to and (2) there is no means to open files via Aol software like before. This is crazy! Now if you download something you have to find it on your computer which isn't always easy.

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

The product team is planning some changes to the handling of attachments. When you download a window opens allowing you access to the attachment unless you have that turned off. Outside of that what would you like to see different in how we handle attachments? Please reply in a comment to this post.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

3. What's wrong with welcome page?

I log in and get this ****!!!

Aceshigh71...
    Mail
    Downloads Downloads
    Smartphone apps, free mobile apps, latest news on mobile applications and smartphones AOL App
    A listing of all AOL sites, from A to Z Discover AOL
    MyBenefits MyBenefits
    ID Theft Protection ID Theft Protection
    Travel Tips Travel Tips
    Play hundreds of free online games Games
    Favorites Favorites
    Mapquest Maps
    Tech Help Tech Help
    PC Checkup PC Checkup
    Live Help Live Help
    Refresh
    51° Vicksburg City or Zip
    Change weather location
    City or Zip
    Mail
    Aceshigh717
    News
    U.S. News
    World News
    Politics
    Sports
    Science & Tech
    Entertainment
    Celebrity
    Movies …

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  15 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Request improved emoticon selections in email

The current choices for emoticons in email is poor.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Preferences for Welcome Screen and AOL Benefits

Suggesting that a possible selection in settings to disable the welcome screen appearing when signing in. I have defaulted to go directly to mail, however, there remains a default to the welcome screen in backdrop. This is rather annoying as I can still see it and my attention is then directed to the welcome screen to make an action to close it .

Another suggestion is that an alternative news source be available to AOL members to have a discounted subscription to CRTV.
    This would allow members to customize their welcome screen to their preferences and would make the AOL…

37th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please remove the extra click to show the details or emails under BCC. It should show up automatically

everytime i check my sent emails, instead of seeing the details right away i need to always do an extra click to show details.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Article length

How about stating how many pages one has to click through until the final conclusion of an article. After 4-5 I give up.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Convenient Email settings gone.

New Gold Format has taken away small, but convenient settings. I now have to open each one of my screens to see if there is mail. Old Format showed number of emails on Sign On screen list.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Saving individual mail folders in Gold

Bring back the old way of saving mail folders in your Personal Filing Cabinet like it has been since the beginning of AOL - yes I have been a paying member since the day it started and with Gold can no longer save the individual folders in the Mail to another location like a DVD or memory stick. These folders get way too big and non-manageable over time
    If you right click on a saved mail folder now in Gold it says :"Save Folder As" - like it always has - but when you click on it nothing happens.
    This…

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restore Email Headings with Date on Far Right

Please restore or give the ability to move the date on the email headings to the far right

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

We’re happy to help! Can you provide some more details about your request? For example, do you want the ability to drop and drag the Date column so it’s on the far right of the message view?

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

11. Add Grammerly

It will correct spelling and Grammer mistakes in email.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AOL GOLD IS A DEFECTIVE PROGRAM

AOL GOLD IS A DEFECTIVE PROGRAM
    AOL GOLD DEVELOPERS (PROGRAMMERS) SHOULD BE FORCED TO BECOME AOL USERS,

THEY WOULD FIND ALL THE ERRORS & PROBLEMS IN 1 WEEK.

I AM EMBARESSED FOR THIS TEAM. I HAVE PROGRAMMERS IN CHINA AND USA, WHO WOULD HAVE HAD THINGS FIXED 10 X FASTER.

"BEST OR NOTHING" IS AMERICAN PHYLOSOPHY AND WHY AMERICA BECAME #1 COUNTRY IN THE WORLD IN 200 YEARS.

& REST OF THE "LAID BACK" 3RD WORLD STILL LIVES PRIMITIVE LIVES
    BECAUSE THEY PRACITICE.
    "GOOD ENOUGH"
    3RD WORLD PHYLOSOPHY.

"NOT EXCELLENCE" AMERICA WAS FOUNDED ON!

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There are NUMEROUS 'suggested' problems not being fixed.

I, and others, have been suggesting problems that need to be fixed - yet none are being done ever since you've forced users onto the Gold Beta.

Will this BETA ever get the fixes being asked for?

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dates

Put dates on these suggestions! And leave them in date order.

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. too much

I was just trying to read the article on the young lad with a crooked smile, but there was so much other that it was hard to find the pieces of the story. Does anyone there give a about the story's readability? Does anyone read the **** that you post? Someone should.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. aol really ** anymore. very slow,

aol needs to get on the ball. ** anymore. very slow. rooms not working 2 days now. might as well go out of business,

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Incognito type browsing option on AOL

Provide a blind search or browsing option / experience like Google Incognito. I hate to search or open a web page for a hotel or vacation for general information and then constantly get E-mails and pop up ads for that item. This does not happen with Incognito and there is no browsing history.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. spell check

Please give us back the Skip all option in Spell check in a document with proper names or items not recognized by spell check: You kept Replace all so why not Skip all!
    And please all us to start spell check where the curser is: Since we cannot click Skip All we have to repeat every word we want to keep that you do no recognize which in a long email can be time consuming!
    Bottom line after reading all the other suggestions, just give us back 9.8! When something isn't broken don't fix it! Gold is a disaster on…

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Importing favorites from a different browser.

I am not able to import into Desktop Gold my favorites (bookmarks) from Chrome or Internet explorer. It seems as if you use a different protocol than the other browsers.

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Favorites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base