AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gold missing quick print button

Gold is missing the print button in top bar, restore it to the same location

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

bring back the history sites you visited feature only shows searched items.i turned off clear browser history.

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. aol really ** anymore. very slow,

aol needs to get on the ball. ** anymore. very slow. rooms not working 2 days now. might as well go out of business,

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clarity of font changed on Desktop Gold .

Clarity of font changed on Desktop Gold for the worse. Please restore to prior settings.

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When are you going to fix the address book so our print feature works again. If aren't going to be to print our address book anymore, then r

When are you going to fix the address book so our print feature works again. If aren't going to be to print our address book anymore, then remove the darn print button that is in it.

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out. We’re planning to add the print functionality back to the address book, so that’s why the print icon remains there.

We appreciate your patience and will let you know once the functionality returns.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

6. Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

Make the font size for the AOL Gold Interface/Toolbar configurable

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow all AOL.com mail free users to use the beta software

As of January 24, 2017, you all have cut off letting free AOL mail users to beta test, use, and contribute to this beta program. I had all four of my screen names registered and set up to use this service and so did my mom. Mom and I have both been involved with your service in some form or another since we first signed up as paid dial up subscribers back in 1993. Remember that? That was back when AOL ran on DOS from a 3 and half inch floppy drive. Now, look how far you all have progressed.…

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Article length

How about stating how many pages one has to click through until the final conclusion of an article. After 4-5 I give up.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Attachment Preview option

I use desktop software for email & I appreciate to have an option to preview the attachment prior downloading the attachment. In this manner can only download those attachments which are required for future reference and discard those after reading. This option is not currently available. Please do the needful to have this option and advise.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The red number for new mail is much too small and we must strain to see it.

Please enlarge it. We keep checking for new mail and the number is hard to see.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. auto fill option

I have asked before, when will aol have an auto fill option for name, address etc as other browsers Chrome,Mozilla etal

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Browser Related Issue

Follow up for the issue that i have reported 4days ago about not being able to utilize and have the reply button for the craigslists.com. Please have it fix as the issue started since 01/27/2019. Please provide me a feedback if possible as this is a work related website for me and it's not satisfying to know that it's available in AOL Desktop Gold. Thanks.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Product Support responded

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. The engineering team is aware of this issue, and is working on a solution. Thank you for your understanding.

14. Format control of emails page

I want to see and control more emails at once than the new gold allows and show only what I want to see

On aol anywhere I can

- change the size and adjust how many emails show up on the list

- use one hand and click on the side boxes to delete a large number of emails as a first run through
    - not have all the icons take up a quarter of the page

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. requesting developer to remove the 2nd line at the butom of the email page

requesting developer to remove the 2nd line at the butom of the email page

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email "Emergency Brake."

There used to be a "stop sending" button on emails. Example, you click SEND and suddenly realize you forgot something, used to be able to stop sending, fix it, and send it again. Would be really nice to have again.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add back "Insert Hyperlinks"

Though there is the "insert Hyperlink" with the drop-down on highlighted text when writing an email, It DOES NOT work!!
    The word to add does get added, in the 'hyperlink color' but the Hyperlink does not get added.
    IN FACT - when hyperlinked images or words are added via copy/paste or "Reply To", the hyperlinks disappear

64th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN.

PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN. ALSO, PLEASE REMOVE ADS ON RIGHT SIDE OF READ EMAILS!

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do I add words to local GOLD dictionary?

The old Desktop has a way of adding my own unique 'word'..
    I.E. Names of people, etc...

1 - They obviously weren't copied from the old AOL desktop, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add them to GOLD

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When downloading files

The old Desktop 'remembered' the previous location. Gold resets after every download to my 'Windows Download directory' ..

1 - LET ME set the default directory
    2 - LEAVE the previous directory path alone! Don't reset unless I DO IT.

41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base