Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• or

740 results found

1. favorites

it would be nice when saving to favorites to be able to name it as we want or go ahead and save it by default. there are a lot of times i don't know what name it put on it in the favorites and hard to find if you dont hit the correct word in the search block when trying to find it. just give us the option to name it or default.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you add a site to favorites there are 2 fields that must be completed. The first asks for the name you want the favorite to have and the other one holds the link. If you didn’t name a bookmark you can click on edit and rename it.

Major websites will automatically use the default name (Ex: www.google.com = Google)

2. Da??ed ads!

Just trying to read about Air Force One and a blasted video ad keeps flopping in the lower right corner. It is so distracting for me that I just quit reading. Oh, yeah, I know that they're so cutsy but they are very annoying. I don't watch the dam things, and I don't get the story read that I wanted. Nice going. It's a two time loser.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. news articles

Lighten up on the selected words that are censored, there are a lot of word aol articles used, words in your article are worse than what we are trying to comment on. Please quit re-posting articles from the past its really getting boring and forcing us to go to other browsers. You maybe don't have to post 80 articles a day that last 3-4 days at a time. Your taking away our 1st amendment.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can't do it any more!

I was TRYING to read BuzzFeed, and behold those fu--ing videos kept invading the screen on the lower left. Is that really necessary? I "X" it out, and the **** things keep coming back. I am NOT going to put up with it. I'll just forego reading the rest of the material. AOL has gone to **** in a handbasket the last few years. Maybe it is time to find a new provider.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search line

After fixing the search (subject) line so that it could be used to find the last page being read if something happened to that page, it seems that you have changed it. Today the page I was reading suddenly disappeared, but it wasn't on the subject line, so I couldn't get it back.. Are you going backward instead of trying to bring the Gold Aol up to the quality of the previous version?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can't sign on securely - says your security certificate is out of date

Trying to sign in on my laptop says "This Connection is Untrusted - You asked to connect securely to api.login.aol.com. but we can't confirm that the connection is secure due to a problem with the websites security certificate (Cert Date Invalid) Such problems may indicate an attempt to steal your information.

What now???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I HATE the new Gold.

What were you thinking. My favorites all gone! Why? Emails constantly coming up in bottom right corner when I'm trying to do something else. I do NOT need this! I know how to check my email. When I want to permanently delete I used to be able to "select all" and do them all at once. Now, one at a time? This whole new Gold is terrible! If it wasn't broke, why fix it???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PLEASE stop inappropriate merging of feedback

I provided feedback earlier today on an issue with "Check for Updates", and it was inappropriately merged with another post which was also related to "Check for updates" but not the same issue. My feedback was merged without recourse to a closed feedback item, so that I couldn't even point out that the two matters were not the same!!! I understand that merging may be appropriate, but it isn't when the only relationship may be a couple of keywords.

This feedback isn't a rant, but an attempt to preserve the value of feedback. I've been an AOL user since its…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Replace or Improve Desktop Gold

I just got off the phone with Tech Support, and they had to uninstall and then reinstall your HORRIBLE Desktop Gold platform once again since it would freeze up and stop working after I was using it after a few hours every single time. What a waste of my time, and it costs AOL lots of money having their tech support team deal with the endless problems with the platform that its users encounter.

Desktop Gold is hated by everyone, and is the worst platform that AOL has over had, yet you refuse to improve it, or better yet, replace…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Accuracy in AOL news reporting

Accuracy in AOL news reporting

AOL:Stop false narratives in your news like describing the death of the killer of Americans Soleimani as "murder".. Soleimani is the murderer. Hundreds of our people killed and thousands with grotesque wounds. The constitution does not permit the president to commit murder but it clearly gives him the authority to kill our enemies. AOL must stop trying to inflame and mischaracterizing  important events in their anti Trump zeal.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CODE:ET 5012 SERIOUSLY?

WHAT THE **** IS THIS CODE? ALL I'M TRYING TO DO IS DELETE MAIL FROM MY MAILBOX AND THIS IS THE ERROR CODE SHOWING. WHAT IS THIS CODE ALL ABOUT? THE FACT THAT AOL SUCKS AND BLOWS AND JUST DOESN'T WORK AT ALL BUT WILL TAKE ALL OUR MONEY ANYWAY? YEAH. FIX THE **** THATS GOING ON FOR THE PAST WEEK, NOT JUST A DAY OR TWO, BUT GOING ON FOR A WEEK.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when I open a browser or the AOL welcome screen it flashed up for a second then goes blank, and is not usable. for example, www.google the

when I open a browser or the AOL welcome screen it flashed up for a second then goes blank, and is not usable. for example, www.google the home screen comes up, immediately goes blank, same as the AOL welcome screen. Also the email screen, locks. Trying to open an email, I can click on it several times..nothing happens. Finally an email MIGHT open, but the contents are empty ...blank just like the browser. AOL is now useless. PLEASE ADVISE ASAP!!! AOL Revision 11.0.1777

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Your outsource tech support is extending their on line time

I've had 3 recent experiences with your outsource "tech support". They tend to jump into diagnostics without checking the basics. My last experience was a question about an outage which impacted all three computers at this site. Rather than checking for info to a possible outage he started diagnostics on my maching (rather carelessly) had to stop him because my wife had the same experience the prior week and lost all her contacts and calendar because the tech didn't save anything first as a caution. There was about 7 years and about 12000 various contacts (email/phone/and person data for…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When it is going to end?

Oh, here we go. I log on only to find that the welcome screen does not come up but gives a very strange message with some weird thing I have never seen before. You have to click on the message box to get it to come through.

The email is all screwed up. Nothing is where it is supposed to be.

Then while trying to read an article the entire screen goes blank.

When is this nonsense going to end? Can it get any worse? Shame on you! I will be done with you soon.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tim Armstrong

There was Never a Notice about the changes from 9.8.2 to AOL GOLD.
    Forget about fixing AOL GOLD, there is too much to repair. The LIE about Hacking for the reason to eliminate 9.8.2 is a LIE./
    Just trying to get on line with AOL Gold is hard. Took close to 8 minutes to Get On Line.
    Tim Armstrong and his team should be fired.
    Plus I find out I have been OVER PAYING for YEARS for AOL.This is a CRIME. I am looking for Legal advise.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Resolve locator issue for items in our favorites

I attempted to find a location of a dentist from one of my favorite program and was inform that I had to enable the site for my location. Now I never had to do this when using this favorite site before. For some odd reason AOL Gold no longer supports this favorite site locating program, whihc I used with no problem in Jan of this year. The person trying to help did a great job trying to resolve this issue, but his higher up Tech's can't even resolve it but can only send me to another browser. The…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. friends sent to spam

There is a problem in the SPAM procedure. Everyone I know who has AOL periodically finds their friends sent to SPAM. We spend days fishing them out and marking them This is Not SPAM, and then they finally go back to normal and another person gets marked SPAM. I have one friend who doesn't get the point that this is systemic, not individual, and she just spent 4 hours on the phone with a tech trying to get my emails to go back into New instead of SPAM.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL ema

I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL emails. AOL already reads all my emails now and Samsung is trying to steal the data that AOL sells or uses to entice advertiser to place ads on AOL. I down loaded the AOL Mail app but so far I can only download this AOL screen name.I sent AOL a message to upgrade their mobile app.

Roy

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our Technicians can help you with this Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

19. Bulk Deletion of Emails

I want to sort by sender and then delete in bulk depending on the sender. But, I cannot use the shift-click the first and then click the last to select large numbers of emails from the same sender. I have to physically click each box while holding down the ctrl key, This is very very slow and inefficient when I am trying to clean up over 45,000 emails, as this is 45,000 clicks when it should only be a few hundred. Am I missing something?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AOL Desktop Gold feedback page needs improvement

This post is being made on 2018-08-22; I am on version 11.0.1916.
    I was prompted to provide this feedback because in the process of trying to provide feedback on ANOTHER topic (which was my first attempt to use the feedback capability), I had difficulty with just the opening page! I was signed into AOL Desktop Gold via "Submit feedback" on the HELP menu. This opened a browser with the AOL Gold feedback landing page, but the upper right corner said "New and returning users may sign in" and did not reflect knowledge of me as a user. Clicking on…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories