Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• or

740 results found

1. I'm getting "An error has occurred. Please try again later." when I click reply in one of the items in AOL Gold. It was working before. I al

I'm getting "An error has occurred. Please try again later." when I click reply in one of the items in AOL Gold. It was working before. I already updated the Adobe flash player. Please fix this. Thank you

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our team is available 24/7 by phone.

2. Word processor in composing email is horrible! When I try to paste from a word document it does not retain the original formating and font.

I hate this feedback area too. It is too hard to type without fighting your system. I cannot paste from a document into an aol email that I am composing without losing the formatting and font. There is no option to retain formatting from originating document. But it was automatic under your old version. You are getting worse and not better with this new version. I may have to make the switch to gmail and drop you is you do not improve.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  27 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unable to load your portfolios Please try reloading the page.

"Unable to load your portfolios
    Please try reloading the page."
    All of my Yahoo portfolios are down.
    Never once did I see AOL advertise the fact that it had the best portfolio layout and features when Siffig ran the portfolios. I guess management is not very capable of organizing AOL into a needy service (ie one people pay money for). Popular photography magazine did the same and now it is defunct.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Save To My PC

When the heck did you change the 'saved to my pc'? It used to save to a folder in My Documents ON MY COMPUTER! It was great as I didn't have to get on line to sign in to AOL to see mails I saved to MY PC! I don't like the idea of having to sign on to my email account, which requires an online connection to look for something I saved to my computer. Please bring back that feature.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. this is my 9th time trying to correct this problem I decided to try one more time to see if it could

Mildred E. ***** (m****10@aol.com) this is my 9th time trying to correct this problem I decided to try one more time to see if it could be corrected.
    It is hard to explain however below is my explanation of what is happening. I do not have the boxed check to save my email addresses.

1. When I put in group emails the emails immediately transfer to the section where I have my single emails by name.

2. Consequently the emails address only from the group are mingled in with my emails by name.

3. If I delete the emails only…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Product Support responded

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, any new email addresses you add to the Address Book Groups, will also appear as individual contacts.

6. My email is not saving to both computer folder and AOL web side

If I save an email to an email folder on my laptop computer it saves and then closes itself and goes to the email trash can. This means anything opened and saved cannot be seen on the web side of the AOL email from other devices like my phone. This is very very bad. I spoke with Paul at AOL and I was told they are opening a tech ticket and will respond to me with more info once they know what the problem is.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I do not know you know better than me. You try to make our desktop obsolete with every new version

why you do not lets us update our snail mail address besides the Zip code?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can't read email. Am getting "wait 5 minutes and try again" warnings.

Tried refreshing mail settings as suggested, but that doesn't work

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why can you not sent mail and save it to be sent later? When you try this it wants you to sign in!!

Why can you not sent mail and save it to be sent later? When you try this it wants you to sign in!! This is so stupid!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My AOL Desktop gold is taking more than 2 minutes to launch. Already installed System mechanic to clean up the computer but still the same.

My AOL Desktop gold is taking more than 2 minutes to launch. Already installed System mechanic to clean up the computer but still the same.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. nwe have tried for two hours to remove super anti spyware with no success tech says it is the fault of my computer I disagree

we have tried for two hours to remove super anti spyware with no success tech says it is the fault of my computer I disagree

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Comment#2 - How to read very old emails using AOL GOLD

Per earlier response to my 1st comment, I called Tech Support who told me the provision that I need, is not available. I was told I needed an old computer to read old emails using old AOL 9.8.2 . My old computer crashed. I now have AOL GOLD on a new computer and need to read old emails from old PFC organize files that are backed up on a flash drive. There is no provision to import old emails from old PFC organize files from a flash drive to AOL GOLD. I don't want these old emails converted to AOL…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Product Support responded

The option to import a personal filing cabinet (PFC) file from an older version of the AOL Desktop, into the AOL Desktop Gold, is now available. Before following the steps below, make sure your AOL Desktop Gold is up to date.

Go to the Help menu on the top right, select ‘About AOL‘ from the drop-down menu, and make sure you have the 11.0.2102 Revision. In case you have a lower revision, click ‘Check for Updates’ from the Help menu, and after 15-20 minutes close and reopen the AOL Desktop Gold.

The ‘PFC Import’ feature allows you manually navigate to a PFC file on your computer and import data from that file. To use this new feature follow these steps:

1. Sign in to AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click the Settings icon.
    3. While in the General settings, click the ‘My Data’ tab.
    4. Click ‘PFC Import’.
    5.…

13. PLEASE TRY TO HANG ON TO THE INFORMATION I PROVIDE - YOUR SERVICE IS IMPOISSIBLE

NOW THAT YOU ARE 'GOLD' YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO KEEP YOUR AOL MEMBERS SIGNED IN - EITHER HOLD ON TO OUR INFORMATION OR EXPECT TO BE DUMPTED

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. IS AOL Gold not fully functional?

IS AOL Gold not fully functional? I am unable to save my email folders and messages to my computer hard drive. When I click on save to my PC I get a pop up to "save folder as" but nothing appears in which to name the file folder. I have contacted AOL tech assistance via phone but no practical resolution has been available. This important function needs to be updated as soon as possible.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get rid of all of this **** that you try to ram down our throat and bring the price back down.

Get rid of all the **** that you try to ram down our throat and bring the price back down.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. AOL Gold just about worthless and yet you want over $310/yr. Merely launcing AOL Gold lowers protection level of Tech Fortress

AOL Gold lowers protection level and it does not automatically revert back to the recommended "Medium" level, leaving computer vulnerable. Time for AOL to recognize that AOL GOLD is a very poor product and go back to previous version or lose this customer who has been with AOL since the very beginning. Call the VIP Loyalty customer service and get a non American person who isn't even understandable and who offers all sorts of apologies but no solutions!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. aol doesn,t work it freezes over and over and your hep cannot fix it

New AOL desktop gold freezes everytime I use it , been happening this issue for almost 6 months now . My computer performance is good, it only freezes once ADG is open. already tried to ask assistance and did all the troubleshooting that needs to be done , but still not working properly, it freezes all the time .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

18. Text color

Your text colors of light gray and light blue are very hard to read, and possibly contribute to eye strain -- especially for we older folk. Please upgrade those to darker colors for better contrast and easier reading. Try black and darker blue for the text. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When AOL is having a problem-i.g: no favorites or custom toolbar-email us a notice so that we know it's not our computer.

For the 4th day, I have no favorites or custom tool bar! I have spent over 4 hours with different techs to fix this problem. FINALLY this A.M. the tech told me it was an AOL/Microsoft problem--not my computer.
    It would not be terrible for AOL CORPORATE to have the decency to send an alert or email to their customers that it's not the customer's computer. It would be nice for the customer not to have to spend HOURS AND HOURS with a tech, --for no results possible.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mail window doesn't stay maximized.

Any time I maximize the mail window, it shrinks again when I do anything at all with mail. It drives me crazy. Please fix that.
    Or just let me use AOL 9.8. That would fix a lot of problems right there. Another one is not being able to access mail saved on my computer unless I sign in.
    Who's idea was AOL Gold? It is inferior all around.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories