Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• or

740 results found

1. I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL ema

I can't check my multiple AOL screen names from my phone anymore. Samsung wants me to sign a form giving it the right to read all my AOL emails. AOL already reads all my emails now and Samsung is trying to steal the data that AOL sells or uses to entice advertiser to place ads on AOL. I down loaded the AOL Mail app but so far I can only download this AOL screen name.I sent AOL a message to upgrade their mobile app.

Roy

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

One of our Technicians can help you with this Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

2. Getting your jollies

You peeps must really get your jollies by putting those friggin' video clips in all the time. Just trying to read the story on Lincoln and one of those **** things kept flopping around the bottom corner. I'd shut it off, and it would reappear on the next page. Do you peeps pay any attention to what you are providing? That **** is really distracting. One of these days I'll get tired of it all and cancel AOL and go somewhere else. This used to be a great site, but it has gone steadily down hill.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AOL must not like Outlook. Before you could copy a outlook file and post it the body of the email. Now AOL shuts down.

I use Outlook as my Contact and Calendar. When copying an Outlook contact and trying to paste to the body of the email to send out, AOL rudely shuts down. been going on since Gold was established. Before Gold it worked fine. Have complained about this in the past, but no response and consideration.
    I have agreed to the Terms of service as it only applies to this concern above.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

4. Alphabetical Favorite list should NOT be retained and closed by AOL

I received a request from AOL to elaborate what 9.8 features I want back and a second note they had decided not to change on of the most popular changes requested: STOP alphebetising the Favorites list. This is a bad decision, and I would like AOL to reconsider. It is a huge waste of user's time trying to cope with a list that's not logical for their needs. If it wan't a MUST in the last program, why make it a must in this program/ Users voted and it was at the top of the list, so please reconsider.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AOL just disappears when sending emails

Three times today when trying to send an email to the draft folder with photos, AOL just disappears and closes out with no warning. Now every time I sign back on that email (now empty) is stuck with all of the other pop ups on sign on. I have some that have been stuck since last summer and Techs were never able to get rid of them so I will not waste more hours of my life calling them again. So now for every sign on, I have to close out about 6 blank emails along with the news…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

6. When you think of Gold you think of something good,like a Gold Medal,your idea of Gold doesn't meet that standard!!!! Stop all the pop ups,w

stop all the pop-ups I'm not interested.when I'm trying to read a story or news I shouldn"t have to go to 50 pages just to finish reading the story.your Aol gold is more like lead,constantly freezing.Chat rooms freeze especially if you type a few sentences.Your product deleted Instant messaging and like many of the people who posted comments i have used Aol for at least 15 years your going back to the dark ages and what's worse your company doesn't seem to give a good ****.Perhaps someone there needs to look up the meaning.of the word of OATH

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your feedback on the articles.

You can manage your AOL pop-ups by going to the Edit tab, then to Browser Settings and from here to Pop-ups. By checking the radio buttons you can manage your preferences, you don’t need to save your settings, this is done automatically.

Please report the freezing problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button on the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

7. Submitting Bug Reports are Useless

.I have 2 computers with the same AOL problem involving Premium Security. Bugs have been submitted 7 days ago and still not fixed.

I have been an AOL paying customer for over 18 years and this is what I can tell you. Years ago, when a problem was reported it was fixed during a phone call. Or, it was escalated with a commitment to respond within 24 hours.

Now we have the following:

1. The phone call- in tech always wants to reinstall AOL, usually without positive results
    2. The next step is for the customer to submit a Bug. The…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. LET SOMEONE KNOW SOMETHING

Today I was installing a new alarm and security system at my home and had to use my AOL email address several times. I couldn't get either system UP AND RUNNING because the companies I was dealing with COULD NOT VERIFY MY EMAIL ADDRESS???? A few days ago, my credit card was compromised and it was cancelled and a new one issued. About this time AOL trys to draft my credit card account on the old number, which was no good. AOL SAID NOTHING, I GOT NO NOTIFICATION......."NOTHING".....THEY JUST CUT OFF MY SERVICE right in the middle of what…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. improvements for the new Desktop Gold

window size won't stay adjusted///the spell checker has to go....I use german language on e-mails and it keeps telling me what to write!!!!!!!!!!!
    No "heart" button on the address book/ web pages have no "email".."print" buttons/ Address book "settings" and "help" buttons don't work/ we can no longer "CHAT" since they can't help on the Desktop Gold and give a phone number.....I just spent 2 hours trying to get help and the lady who answered couldn't solve any of the problems by remote control. Please fix these problems...we used to have a simple experience with our desktop (and I…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

To adjust the window sizes, please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the window to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

Please note that the option to save the window size and position will not work if the window size is set to full screen.

I will send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features…

10. moving report spam or delete button

Can you move the "Report Spam" or "Delete" button on the bottom of the "mail window"? Often times when going through my inbox and trying to delete groups of mail, I inevitably hit the "report spam" rather than the "delete" which is what I intend to click, because they are next to each other. Then I have to go through the spam folder and click on the emails and click on "this isn't spam" so that when new emails come in, I will actually receive them. I can't be the only person this happens to. If you put "delete"…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. complaint

fake aol technician clicked on "accepting" gold which i told him not to click, while I was on the phone, and aboomgar , although I yell not to click he fake my "agreement" .

your gold program is nasty, not accurate full of lies. I can not have phone numbers of friends, that I have saved on my address book.
    and can't find names without email address. Yes, I have scroll up/down to find phone numbers, and even tech upporte by the name mike could not find it. Holidays pass by, and I can't call friends.

part 2 nasty orange…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Absolutely Ridiculous and Totally Irritating

I have been trying to cancel my AOL Assist for months! Impossible to find it under Help because the AOL help link goes to a page that does not exist. (YES, I have all the program updates/grades). I finally get my Bank to give me the number of whose charging me and after several disconnects, find someone to help. However, the only way I can get refunded for the charge AOL did TODAY, is to get a free 30 day trial of AOL Assist. I have not used this service for YEARS and I am finally canceling it, WHY…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

14. Hire CSR's that speak the language! It's "America Online"

What should have taken 5-10 minutes to describe and submit my bug report, took two representatives and close to an H OUR! This is why I avoid calling AOL for support (even though I'm paying $19/month for this now useless program) The latest build was unresponsive/unusable for three days and I couldn't even submit an ONLINE bug report to notify AOL that their GOLD product is made of lead! At one point she asked for my email address (for the second time) and then asked if that was at aol.com! Serioously? No, I called AOL to report a problem with…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

15. I encountered a fake Website while on the AOL Game Website. I thought I was making a purchase of two of the 100 handicap scooters which f 1

I am trying to notify AOL that I became victim of a sales scam which I saw advertised as I was playing on the AOL Game website. The ad claimed to be a Walmart ad for handicap scooter 100 left, being sold off at a very discount price. I purchased 2 at a cost of $96.98 on 12/12/2031 The printout of my purchase came through as Walmart. However, when I checked my Bank credit card running balance the post did not say Walmart It read as follows: Pending:
    Paypal*JIAYUNKEJ18 JIAU. When it posted: charge officially to my account the…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NOT POSTING MY REASONABLE POSTS. YOU ONLY POSTS RADICALIZING HATE SPEECH OBVIOUSLY FROM RUSSIANS & TROLLS WITHOUT OPPORTUNITY TO RESPOND.

I have been stopped from posting on your site for no apparent reason. I do not post hate speech. I had been responding to your Russian trolls who do post hate speech. When ever they are on you have a 600% inversion of "likes" to "dislikes" based on the "bombs" they have planted on your site. They all have the same keyword triggers or phrases they then overwhelm the comment sections with out and out hate speech, violence themes and every conceivable lie they can do over and over. They sign is as a "Guest" then post under 10 names…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to investigate this. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

18. Using AOL Help Page is Useless

Using AOL Help Page is Useless

Using the listings on the Help page are hopeless. When trying to look up exact words listed on your webpage or words listed in your toolbar and elsewhere, an unmanageable list appears. They are not in any type of order or group. The Search option is useless.

For example, when I tried looking up Toolbar – Quick View, I finally stopped after going through 10 pages.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Not a friendly experience

While trying to read the article about Queen Elizabeth, Those damned ads kept flopping around on the bottom right corner. You fool sure know
    how to ruin a person's day. I should quit writing these things because I doubt anyone reads them. I suppose it would just be better if I quit reading stuff on here. My days would surely be better. Just so you know, those ads do NOT get my business.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ACTIVATE NEW SERVICES

WHY WHEN I AM TRYING TO ACTIVATE NEW SERVICES ON AOL GOLD I HAVE TO GIVE YOU MY PASSWORD AND THEN DEAL WITH AN IRRITATING J. C. PENNEY COMMERCIAL OR WATCH SOME SCARY STREAMING ITEM. I JUST WANT TO ACTIVATE MY SERVICES....YOU'RE KILLING ME WITH ADVERTISEMENTS THAT I CAN'T GET RID OF AND I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY PASSWORD SO YOU CAN QUIT HAVING THAT STUPID BOX POP UP ON A REGULAR BASIS. II WON'T READ SOME OF YOUR ITEMS ON AOL GOLD BECAUSE I HAVE TO FIGHT THE ADVERTISEMENTS TO DO SO. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 33 34 35 37 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold