AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 68th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I add words to local GOLD dictionary?

The old Desktop has a way of adding *my* own unique 'word'..
    I.E. Names of people, etc...

1 - They obviously weren't copied from the old AOL desktop, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add them to GOLD

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable "Show UNREAD" emails in Spam

You show the COUNT of UNREAD SPAM emails, why not ability to SHOW them too?
    If Thunderbird can do it, why can't AOL?

I let many 'newsletters' go to spam, keeps the inbox for those real people I converse with.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Hyperlink (URL) missing from Email

Remove Hyperlink (URL) missing from Email dropdown

80th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Only the address used to go in. Now their name and address goes in.

I think it is only in the top row. used to be only the address went into the address place, now your name and address both go in. Also I change the font for mail and it goes back to the one it was in the next e mail. Then again, the find used to find a search word in the webpage you were looking at .... not any more.

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dropdown box

Put the dropdown box back in email "Settings", "General" tab to allow me to set how to sort my mail display. I prefer old on top, new at bottom. The same as I read books front page to last page.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Find in Top Window

An often used function in 'edit' (top row) is still in Gold --
    BUT It doesn't allow me to give it *WHAT TO Search for!!***

Please add the 'search for' box ..

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. browser window tabs dont allow multi tasking

make the tab window of the browser that you have open stay open. now if u have multiple browser tabs open and one is in the process of loading info, it keeps popping to the top, bumping you our of the window you are currently working in, not allowing you to continue working in another tab.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make link colors adjustable

On the Welcome screen, the primary news article link is in BOLD BLACK print. On the secondary news articles, the links are in a LIGHT BLUE font which I find hard to read against the white background. Please consider making the link colors adjustable.

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sorting of Emails

Emails saved in "On AOL" folders can be sorted, BUT certain combinations of letters are never found!
    I.E. I have user with 'cz' in the ID.. Not found.
    I look for 'unknown' ... not found

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dates

Put dates on these suggestions! And leave them in date order.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When downloading files

The old Desktop 'remembered' the previous location. Gold resets after every download to my 'Windows Download directory' ..
    1 - LET ME set the default directory
    2 - LEAVE the previous directory path alone! Don't reset unless I DO IT.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Resizing images in mail

The resizing by grabbing the corners of an image is a lot more clumsy and takes a lot longer than the Resize in 9.8 ( decrease 10, 25, 50 % and increase 10, 25, 50, 100 % ) This really feels like a step backward. If you aren't really careful, the image goes to a solid blue and you have to **** around to get the blue image to turn back. If I was dealing with sending 10 or more pictures (which I often do, this will take a lot longer to adjust the images. Were I voting, I'd go…

54th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In Gold, the ability to elect to defeat Tab Browsing completely, needs to be restored!

Tab Browsing is a very serious detriment to the way we do research! It also needlessly occupies about a half inch of valuable vertical space on our screen. Whenever a new feature is added, AOL should design the option to defeat it if undesirable to the customer. It is disrespectful to do otherwise and it just be comes clutter. This alone is the greatest deterrent to retaining our business!

178th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Gold version doesn't bring over old PFC's properly and your techs know it, Address this fast as an imperative!

Gold can not bring over old PFC's in an orderly fashion.. Everyone's hard work to have an organized PFC has been destroyed by it coming over in an alphabetized fashion. If it would have to come over AS IS and then perhaps, give the option for some to have the option to elect alphabetized, would be respectful and optimal. I estimate at least 40 hours will be required *** around around to try to get it back in a semblance of order, so we can use it properly. This need to be acknowledged, and an effective solution with an expected…

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Poor canges to the favorite button

The favorite is so mall and often blocked by other windows. Restore to how it worked in (.7

145th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gold missing quick print button

Gold is missing the print button in top bar, restore it to the same location

48th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New features should allow customers to defeat or opt out

Whenever you add a new feature such as Tab Browsing, provide a means for the customer to disable it if they so desire.

121st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Soozy and I just spent about 45 minutes sending mail back and forth from our various screen names .. on 11 and on web mail .... as S

Steve,

Soozy and I just spent about 45 minutes sending mail back and forth from our various screen names .. on 11 and on web mail .... as Soozy said. it ain't easy and I agree.

Trying to check if there is incoming new mail on other SNs is a royal ***.  We have to sign out/sign back in under other SNs.   On 9.8 checking mail on 5 SNs was a breeze:  click on Switch SNs and it would show if you have mail to read AND THEN you could switch or cancel and stay on your usual SN.…

104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 104th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base