AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. auto fill option

I have asked before, when will aol have an auto fill option for name, address etc as other browsers Chrome,Mozilla etal

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Format control of emails page

I want to see and control more emails at once than the new gold allows and show only what I want to see

On aol anywhere I can

- change the size and adjust how many emails show up on the list

- use one hand and click on the side boxes to delete a large number of emails as a first run through
    - not have all the icons take up a quarter of the page

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. requesting developer to remove the 2nd line at the butom of the email page

requesting developer to remove the 2nd line at the butom of the email page

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email "Emergency Brake."

There used to be a "stop sending" button on emails. Example, you click SEND and suddenly realize you forgot something, used to be able to stop sending, fix it, and send it again. Would be really nice to have again.

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add back "Insert Hyperlinks"

Though there is the "insert Hyperlink" with the drop-down on highlighted text when writing an email, It DOES NOT work!!
    The word to add does get added, in the 'hyperlink color' but the Hyperlink does not get added.
    IN FACT - when hyperlinked images or words are added via copy/paste or "Reply To", the hyperlinks disappear

68th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN.

PLEASE HAVE TIME OF EMAILS APPEAR ON MAIN READ EMAIL SCREEN. ALSO, PLEASE REMOVE ADS ON RIGHT SIDE OF READ EMAILS!

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How do I add words to local GOLD dictionary?

The old Desktop has a way of adding my own unique 'word'..
    I.E. Names of people, etc...

1 - They obviously weren't copied from the old AOL desktop, and there doesn't seem to be a way to add them to GOLD

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When downloading files

The old Desktop 'remembered' the previous location. Gold resets after every download to my 'Windows Download directory' ..

1 - LET ME set the default directory
    2 - LEAVE the previous directory path alone! Don't reset unless I DO IT.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I click on a story and it comes up next page, next page, next page, next page . How can I cancell those that put these articles on ?

How can I stop this " popsicle " from coming on my computer with the " next page, next page, next page, next page " ?

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years????????
    *** SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop your reporting bias

How you can improve my experience? STOP your bias against my President. You are as bad as CNN... communist organs both of you!!

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. aol really ** anymore. very slow,

aol needs to get on the ball. ** anymore. very slow. rooms not working 2 days now. might as well go out of business,

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Incognito type browsing option on AOL

Provide a blind search or browsing option / experience like Google Incognito. I hate to search or open a web page for a hotel or vacation for general information and then constantly get E-mails and pop up ads for that item. This does not happen with Incognito and there is no browsing history.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. new mail sound

It is very frustrating that you can customize the sound for Welcome, You've Got Mail, and Goodbye but not for More Mail. In previous versions of AOL, I would assign the "You've Got Mail" sound to the "More Mail" command via Control Panel/Sound in Windows because you could barely hear the little CLICK sound it makes when you receive mail while logged into AOL. The AOL sounds no longer appear here and cannot be altered. So now we are stuck with the inaudible default click. Since these AOL software sounds no longer appear in Windows, would you please allow this…

106th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve toolbar with new icons, fixing distorted ones, and customizing the ENTIRE toolbar

Here are some suggestions:

1: Some of the icons are distorted and fuzzy. Please fix visual appearance.

1. It would be nice to be able to customize the ENTIRE toolbar. Some icons I haven't even touched, such as Explore or Finance.

2. The SEARCH button on the toolbar is out of place compared to the other buttons... it's dark. In previous beta tests (YEARS ago) it used to be either a yellow or gold color with dark text.

3. Can we please get some updates on some of the icons? For example, the EXPLORE icon needs to look like binoculars, or maybe a…

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. write mail

It would be convenient when a user has multiple accounts /user names if the "write mail" screen would display the user name currently logged in. Example:
    "Write mail from User1234"

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. recently deleted option is missing form mail>drop down menu

in old aol>one went to mail on the menu bar>got a context menu>and recently deleted mail option was available to go to that mail folder.
    in aol gold the option of recently deleted mail is not available and must be reached by using read>then going to the left side window to select recently deleted mail.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base