AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give line spacing selection

I have the wording for some emails I regularly send on MSWord.doc document files, where single line spacing is used. When I copy and paste to an AOL send email the line spacing becomes double. Can this be fixed please?

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1.. PASTE ONLY WORKS 50% OF TIME, MUST BE CONVERTED TO PLAIN TEXT

1.. COPY PASTE ONLY WORK S 50% OF THE TIME, & REFUSES TO EXCEPT PASTE INTO A WEBSITE, UNLESS IT'S CONVERTED TO "PLAIN UNFORMATED TEXT"

2... PASTE, CUT UNDO, DOESNT WORK FROM THE MENU ONLY FROM THE MOUSE..

3... SPELL CHECK ONLY WORKS 50% OF TIME.

4... EMAIL PAGE CAN BE REDUCED BY 0.5" OLD AOL ALLOWED EMAIL PAGE 80% REDUCTION. VERY USEFULL FEATURE, FOR DOING REPORTS SIDE BY SIDE.

5.... EMAIL FREEZE4S & DOESNT SEND FOR 1-3 MINUTES, OR WONT SEMD AT ALL. :-( :-( :-(.

THIS IS A BASIC OF EMAIL SERVER TO SEND EMAIL PROMPTLY.

6.... EMAIL…

67th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add back "Insert Hyperlinks"

Though there is the "insert Hyperlink" with the drop-down on highlighted text when writing an email, It DOES NOT work!!
    The word to add does get added, in the 'hyperlink color' but the Hyperlink does not get added.
    IN FACT - when hyperlinked images or words are added via copy/paste or "Reply To", the hyperlinks disappear

67th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Will you please put the date on the posts . This is Sunday February 4 2018 with newest date first.

Will you please put the date on the posts . This is Sunday February 4 2018 with newest date first. , thanks..... Nancy

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 67th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. forward mail

I would like to be able to forward all of my mail to another email address for answering while I am away. But all I can do is use an auto responder. There should be a an email setting of "forward all mail to: [enter an email address]" with an option to choose "until revoked" or for "X" number of days.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why desktop only allows 50 names to filter into files?

I am allowed to create as many files as I want, yet only allowed a total of 50 names to be filtered into those files. Why not more.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. words banned from chat

Please review common words and terms that are currently banned from posting in chat rooms. For example: Magna *** Laude, a Latin term which means to graduate from college with high distinction. Also, "kitty litter" when chatting about pet cats, and "blow," as in to blow out candles on a birthday cake. Your censors apparently do not understand common English or Latin words and how they are used. There should not be any reason to prevent their posting. Not everybody's mind is in the gutter.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CLOSE MAIL BOX

I want to close my mail box, I have other screen names that usually I closed the mail box, now are full of spam. Please put back that option

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Clear button in 'Quick Find' box

Please add a 'clear' button, or 'X', in the green 'Quick Find' box. Thanks.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop destroying the Icons.

First you destroyed the "smiley face" by giving it a moronic-looking open mouth. A smiley face is a smiley face. This new thing is not. Now I see you've destroyed the cute "wink." It's substitute is overblown and ugly. Are you deliberately trying to destroy aol? Or has aol been gobbled up by just another tasteless megawhatever?

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. would like program like boomerang for gmail so can have draft of email sent on certain day and time you select days before it is to be sent

Want program like Boomerang for gmail that allows you to draft email days or weeks before it is sent and this email is automatically sent on the day and time you select it to be sent.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. surveys

Change survey from 1 to 10..some computers do not recognize 10 , thinks it's a 1 (giving a poor rating)
    1 to 5 is sufficient

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. While writing an email, my font is "Segoe ,," yet it is not in the font list..

When I pasted other text into the email, it pasted in as my default "Comic Sans MS". There was no way to change it to match the "Segoe" font...

If you can *identify* a script, why can't you allow us to use it???

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need to be able to share folders between screen/user names

Need to be able to share folders between screen/user names

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. almost all the windows size and position can be set but Not ALL. LIke email status,

Make all the windows size and position have the ability to be set. Now it is most, but not all.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Help from Beta Testers on this board

To the person who just said:"Don't know about the rest of you Beta Testers, but it seems most of the time I send in Feedback and get a reply it has little to do with the problem reported. " ,,,,,,,,I COMPLETELY AGREE AND RIGHT AFTER YOU POSTED THEY CLOSED IT SO NO MORE COMMENTS COULD BE MADE.

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Gold version doesn't bring over old PFC's properly and your techs know it, Address this fast as an imperative!

Gold can not bring over old PFC's in an orderly fashion.. Everyone's hard work to have an organized PFC has been destroyed by it coming over in an alphabetized fashion. If it would have to come over AS IS and then perhaps, give the option for some to have the option to elect alphabetized, would be respectful and optimal. I estimate at least 40 hours will be required *** around around to try to get it back in a semblance of order, so we can use it properly. This need to be acknowledged, and an effective solution with an expected…

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Right-Click "Copy Image Address & Save Image As"

In Chrome a user is able to right click a web image and select " copy image address" or "save image as" among a few others .. this doesn't work in AOL Beta ....

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

We have save image as available when the image on the page is added as an image. More and more pages are being rendered in ways where not all things that look like images are loaded as images limiting our ability to offer it on every photo on every page/site.

We are leaving your idea open for the Copy Image Address portion of the idea as we do not currently offer that.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base