Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• or

740 results found

1. HOW TO IMPROVE AOL GOLD EXPERIENCE? TRY FIXING AOL MAIL?

HOW TO IMPROVE AOL GOLD EXPERIENCE? TRY FIXING AOL MAIL?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Duplicate  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. HOW TO IMPROVE AOL GOLD EXPERIENCE? TRY FIXING AOL MAIL?

HOW TO IMPROVE AOL GOLD EXPERIENCE? TRY FIXING AOL MAIL?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It should not be necessary to sign on to read mail saved on one's computer.

The last time I complained about this, Product Support responded "The personal filing cabinet is stored in a local database folder, which can be opened by accessing the path below in the Windows Run box (press the Windows key + R): LOCALAPPDATA\AOLDesktopData\db." That suggestion is male bovine excrement. If you do that, you get a message "Windows cannot find LOCALAPPDATA\AOLDesktopData\db. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." And why SHOULD Windows be able to open an AOL file? As with all your suggestions, your "fix" is laughable. Equally laughable are your repeated troubleshooting solutions for slowness…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. My computer is UNPROTECTED but I cannot get McAfee FREE to download

MY COMPUTER IS UNSECURE BECAUSE I CANNOT GET FREE MCAFEE TO DOWNLOAD

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support Agents to help you with this. Please call us at 1-888-265-3733. Our experts are available 24/7 by phone.

5. When I click on offered News on AOL welcome screen I always get a web attack: Fake Tech Support Website, only on AOL, computer has no virus

When I click on offered News on AOL welcome screen I always get a web attack: Fake Tech Support Website, only on AOL, computer has no virus. Norton always blocks this, but I want to read the news. I am paying for no news and risking some sort of internet attack from AOL. Not good

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AOL live person security sign in on home computer. Why necessary - deactivate?

AOL live person security sign in on home computer. Why necessary - deactivate?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE try to fix the problems we are all experiencing. It's been a year now of aggravation and wasted time for us all.

PLEASE try to fix the problems we are all experiencing. It's been a year now of aggravation and wasted time for us all. My complaint that mouse forward and backward buttons still do not work in AOL which worked fine in 9.7 was deleted several times so that others could not vote or comment. Tech Support has been no help and yes I have called several times and was told to report it here.
    Let's list more issues in addition that we are all experiencing and want fixed. Our patience has worn thin:
     1. AOL freezes up entire Internet when sending…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Oops! Sorry, we cannot process your request at this moment. Please try again later

Oops!
    Sorry, we cannot process your request at this moment. Please try again later. One can never verify an alternate email. AOL Gold Premium needs new code

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do I get this AOL Desktop Gold off my computer??????

How do I get this AOL Desktop Gold off my computer...even my new computer, less than one week old..this program is killing me..slower than previous version by 10X...I keep deleting old mail and it comes back. Name is this POS does it...how can I go back to what I had????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I was trying to ignore someone in a AOL chat room and their name does not show up on the list so I can't ignore them.

Next time it happens, I will first try ending AOL session and trying again, and then after that I will try to reboot my computer to see if it works.

Note: this is random screen names, not one person, and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. A total random problem.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Every time I return to the computer I get a message "Error retrieving Account Info" WHY?

Every time I return to the computer I get a message saying "Error retrieving Account Info. Why?
    That's the reason I cannot pick up my e-mail when I'm away from my computer. which I could on the old Aol which was free. I hate to pay for something which is worse than the free version.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’d like to have one of our Technical Support agents investigate this error. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

13. My software close sometimes when I try to open an email or try to go to a link. Please make it stop.

My software close sometimes when I try to open an email or try to go to a link. Please make it stop. It is frustrating to keep having to reopen the software!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing with the software closing unexpectedly. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

For immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

Thank you.

14. MORE RE: Backup and Transfer PFC to a different computer

You recently sent me an update re: transferring PFC to another computer using export and import. The text of the message seems clear, however in the linked article, there is still reference to exporting/importing the PFC from a previous version of AOL Desktop.

Which is it?

Does the procedure you've sent now allow for transferring the CURRENT PFC file to a different computer? If so, great. But in my case, with one problem remaining. The then-current PFC on my computer was wiped out (written over) when the AOL tech moved the prior version PFC to my current computer -…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The article provided in the response you received, contains 3 sections. The first one titled ‘Import and export mail and personal data to another computer’ explains how to use the Import and Export feature, that will allow you to create a back-up (Export) of your current personal data file, and how to Import it.

The second section refers to the ‘Import Wizard’ feature that allows you to import mail from an older version of the AOL Desktop installed on your computer.

The third section explains how to manually import a Personal Filling Cabinet file from an older version of the AOL Desktop.

Regarding the personal data file that was removed from your AOL Desktop Gold, please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733, in order to have one or our Technical Support agents look into possible solutions to resolve this.

Thank you.

15. Ever since I upgraded to AOL gold I flooded with nasty pop ups and phishing scams. I will cancel my subscription and transfer over to gmail

Fix bugs and eliminate nasty pop ups before rolling out new program. You flood my computer with this **** then try to ****** me into another 10 bucks a month for computer check up. I wouldn't need it if you didn't force this **** on my comp. It was perfectly fine until I downloaded your App. Booooooooooo !

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Click on Edit – Browser Settings – Pop-ups (tab) and check “Block All Web Pop-Ups” (changes are saved automatically)

If you encounter any issue blocking pop-ups please call the AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733.

16. Offer the Enhanced features of Aol Computer Checkup to your customers.

When I had to reinstall Aol Computer Checkup I notice the were Enhanced Features to the Program. Why does Aol not offer the enhanced features to their customers.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. SOLUTION to try if your AOL DESKTOP GOLD won't load

One of the techs told me the reason the AOL DESKTOP GOLD wouldn't load was because "the processes weren't closed in Task Manager". SUPER EASY FIX if this is the problem. 1. Put cursor at bottom of screen. 2. Right click and select START TASK MANAGER. 3. You should see AOL GOLD at the top of the processes, click on it. 4. Click on END PROCESS. Now get out of it and try opening your AOL DESKTOP GOLD - it should open. (The reason for the problem is that since the processes didn't stop, the computer thinks AOL GOLD is…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. stop putting executable programs on my computer without my approval.

stop putting executable programs on my computer, without my permission or knowledge. you open it up to more hacking. I don't want your compuserve.exe program going on the net. I don't want it period.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Gold lock up "not responding"

After finally logging in and Inbox is displayed I try to open an email. Gold locks with with "not responding" and I have to go to Task Manager to kill Gold. My wife's account (on same computer) works fine. I'm paying for this why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My aol gold keeps crashing when I try to upload or download an attachment

My AOL gold was slow, so I called tech support.

They uninstalled it and re-installed the current version.

Now (only after that re-installation), my AOL Gold now crashes when I try to either upload or download an attachment.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send a report of this problem to our AOL Desktop team to have this investigated. To do that, click on the “Help” button on the top right corner of the AOL Desktop window, and select “Report a Bug” from the drop-down menu.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base