Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• or

740 results found

1. fix my computer

stop making changes without my permission

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Duplicate  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Could you take down the video adds and news videos ,when I open AOLGOLD it slowes down my computer.

Could you take down the video adds and news videos ,when I open AOLGOLD it slowes down my computer

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. An unspecified server error occurred. Please try again later. saving options on addressbook editing contacts not working. Sending attachmen

An unspecified server error occurred. Please try again later. saving options on addressbook editing contacts not working. Sending attachment or pictures not working. form phone to pc using aol desktop gold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AN AOL GOLD SENT VIRUS WILL LOCK UP YOUR COMPUTER FOR NON-PAYMENT

IF A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT TO AOL IS DECLINED, IN THIS CASE A $3.99 MONTHLY FEE, THE AOL GOLD PROGRAM UPON OPENING, WILL SEND A COMPUTER LOCK TO DISABLE ANY FURTHER MOVEMENT, ACTION OR NAVIGATION REQUIRING CUSTOMER TO Ctrl-Alt-Delete TO ESCAPE THE AOL COMPUTER LOCK. NOT ONLY IS THIS ACTION ILLEGAL BUT UNETHICAL. THIS ILLEGAL TACTIC FURTHER CONFIRMS AND DEFINES THE ONGOING UNIVERSE OF CORRUPTION IN WHICH AOL OPERATES.  HOLDING A PAYING CUSTOMER'S COMPUTER PRISONER FOR NON-PAYMENT OF A MONTHLY CHARGE IS DESPICABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE AND CORRUPT CORPORATE CONDUCT.

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE SUMMARILY FIRED IF NOT PROSECUTED:  Tim Armstrong,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your payment was declined, you’ll get a pop-up saying that you need to update the payment, but it’s only blocking AOL Desktop Gold, not the entire computer. You can click on “I’ll do it later” which will close the screen.    

6. I tried your offer to download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer when I did the question was do you want to cancel the AOL I have?

Why do you offer: Download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer. I tried and your question was: You already have AOL, down you want to replace it? I have two PCs and I thought the offer was for the second PC?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I fear you have invaded my computer to slow it down to coerce me into purchasing Mechanic

Have you vandalized my computer to force me to buy your Mechanic software?!?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. new computer - AOL is in but upon signing in I am NOT getting any home page

New computer- signed in AOL is up but no visual home page can see emal s but nothing else

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When Gold is open the entire computer is slowed down.

When Gold is open the ENTIRE COMPUTER is slowed down. AOL Thinks I am saying The Desktop is slow, NO. It slows down other programs. When I get to work and turn on my computer, if I do not open Gold Desktop, everything opens quickly and with no problem, Word, Excel open in seconds. Once I open Gold Desktop everything is slowed down very very very much. It takes Word over 30 seconds to open if not more. The same with other programs. Firefox opens and then hangs just to open the basic page.
    Why is this happening? All…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Upgrade aol and it wiped out aol from my computer.

Tony/Engineering:
    I followed your instructions below and and did keyword upgrade and it put a program on my desktop. After clicking that icon to open, I received an ERROR MESSAGE that it did not work. What it did was DELETE AOL GOLD from my computer 100%. Now when I click on the icon for the AOL GOLD....it does not connect. I had to uninstall the program and went to install AOL GOLD from the Internet and it says I am not illegible for it. WTH is going on?

I am able to access my AOL email from Google Chrome.

Please…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can't find iolo on my computer even though i see it update once in awhile

Where is ioLO on my computer?...I am paying for it and want a shortcut on my desktop...I don't see it in the control panel.....

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Let me put you in touch with one of our Technical Support agents to investigate this. Please call our team at 1-800-827-6364.

13. AOL on Android phone shows "Trash" folder. Does NOT show w/AOL Gold on computer

If I accidently deleted an email on my phone, I can find it in "Trash" and restore it. Trash folder does not show on AOL Gold on computer (Windows11 if it makes a difference.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AOL Auto downloads cost me $200 for computer techs & dead internet. Everyone must read this....

12/27/18: After your last download, and as with prior downloads, for a while I had 3 orange AOL logos in my bottom task bar to launch on with. What I didn't know is that each one was for a different AOL Gold program which were causing conflicts. 3 weeks ago my internet kept going dead after several hours and the only way to get back online was to restart the computer. This happened over and over right after your last download every few hours. Had 2 computer techs here costing almost $200 who confirmed nothing was wrong with my …

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AOL needs to stop pushing software on its customers. One just ruined my computer hard drive.

Years ago I had purchased Systems Mechanic, discovered it didn't live up to its performance and I canceled it. Then last year, AOL representative pushed hard for me to buy the new version, saying it would really help me keep my computer running well. Yesterday I had done a memory defrag that recommended several passes. Then right after I noted suddenly I could no longer transfer files from my C drive for a weekly back up session. I have a contract with HP Smartfriend and the tech support did an excellent job in trying to get my file transfer…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My account locked up with a voice and someone trying to save an exe file to my computer.

On 2018-06-27 at about 1:15 Eastern I was creating an email when a voice told me not to close my account, that my account was dangerously compromised. At the same time a save window came up with an exe file. I could not x it out. I could not cancel it. Everything else was unavailable. This had happened one other time. I immediately did a hard shut down and came back up and ran C Cleaner and Malwarebytes. This is disturbing that they can get through your controls so easily so lock up my computer. I thought you would…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Transfer saved email

In AOL Desktop Gold, there is no way to transfer email saved on my PC to another computer. Even right clicking a piece of mail or folder and clicking "move" does nothing. We need this functionality.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I keep getting an Ecode 14 message when I try to run a news video.

The Ecode 14 message is: Network error, Sorry, a network error caused the video download to fail. Please refresh and try again.
    I'm getting tired of not being able to watch a news video. I didn't have this problem in 9.8.2. Why can't you go back to what you had that worked?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Restarting your computer, modem and any home networking equipment, will help your computer get a better connection.

Follow the steps below:

1. Shut down your computer.
    2. Unplug the power cord from your cable, DSL, or dial-up modem, and router (if you have one). 3. Wait 30 seconds.
    4. If you use an external modem, plug the power cord into your cable, DSL, or dial-up modem.
    5. If you have a router, plug the power cord into your router.
    6. Turn on your computer.

19. icons on the aol desktop gold

I would prefer to have small icons on the toolbar. upon adjusting the screen resolution of computer to the smallest icon it can be, this is still big for me.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix Video Player

Fix your video player! Every time I try to watch a video on your Aol.Video service, I get this: "Sorry, a network error caused the video download to fail. Please refresh and try again." Why? I watch videos all the time on my computer, this only happens of AOL! Why? I thought this was the new and improved AOL. Please fix it!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories