AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FIREFOX VS. AOL GOLD? FIREFOX, HANDS DOWN

FIREFOX VS. AOL GOLD? FIREFOX, HANDS DOWN

AOL GOLD is sooo sluggish to open and sign on, that while waiting I can quickly open and sign on to FIREFOX and open the FREE AOL email program with also has Photo SLIDESHOW review feature, all while waiting for AOL GOLD to come up and connect. Many times AOL GOLD just crashes altogether. Pretty sad state of affairs and business. By the way, this is done on the exact same PC with the same connection speed. Why can't AOL get it together? Ever get the feeling they don't give a ****?

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The highlight bar does not appear after deleting an email worked perfectly yesterday, called aol support helpful but still does not work

Why change things that were working perfectly.........especially not notifying about the change. Bored, need to change things to **** people off?

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why is AOL trying so hard to push the white majority away??

Why are you people trying so hard to cram the BLACK minority population down the throats of the white MAJORITY who keep you in business? The black population of this country is 13%. But everyday all I see is black, black, black. What is making these stupid, stupid, stupid decisions?

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pictures

Stop posting pictures

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Avoid long waits on the phone and prevent dropped calls

Like other companies, implement an automated que call back service so customers don't have to wait on the phone to talk to customer service. Avoids the frustration of prolonged on hold AND the frustration when the on-hold call is dropped and the customer has to start all over again. Recently experienced several hang-ups and almost discontinued AOL as a result. Fortunately Mard was able to solve my connection problem or I was going drop AOL after 35 years.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. tO ADD NAME TO GROUP SHOULD JUST ADD NAME AND THEN SAVE

To add name to group should just type in new contact info and hit save which worked in the old days. Now have to go through several steps to get new name in group. Much too complicated.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Windows 10 should be permitted to have access to my AOL email. Is AOL trying to lose customers by making its email inaccessible ?

My email does not require excessive security. AOL should have notified users that AOL email would no longer be accessible on Windows 10.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the Write to include it in the Library -like before -now I have to put it in manually

AOL Gold is not saving my new email customers automatically like before. Now I have to manually add them individually to my Library if I want them saved. This took place a few months ago. AOL is the only one where I have to do this. Now it is two steps. GMail does not have this feature you just installed a few months ago - they have only one step - type in the new email address & it goes automatically to the Library. It seems that AOL is going backwards having taken this feature off. i'm seriously thinking of…

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AOL GOLD Email should include the "SLIDESHOW" feature for photos.

AOL GOLD email should include the "SLIDESHOW" feature for attached photo files. I receive Email photos regularly and would like the option to view them in other than thumbnail size and without having to save them. AOL GOLD does not have this function, but regular, Free AOL Mail does. In fact, the FREE AOL Email automatically opens any and all attached email photos in thumbnail format with the "SLIDESHOW" option to expand a photo to full screen. The only way to view attached photos with AOL GOLD Email is to SAVE them to a folder, which is cumbersome, messy and…

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. saving saved messages on AOL on a usb stick from relatives passed away

I have many messages where family has sent me jokes and messages of love and caring on my saved mail area. I'd like to save them on USB sticks in case AOL stops or won't save messages for us any more. this way my loved ones care and affection and memories won't be gone forever. Can you folks add that link to save them on A USB or disk option?

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. why is it that every time I open Aol I have to put my user name and password in. even though I just minimize it.

Why is it that every time I open Aol I have to put my user name and password in even if I just minimize and then open it? It is very annoying

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base